Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #1081
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Just to clarify, I'm still on my first run through the series, taking a break every 2-3 volumes. I doubt I'll get caught up before Cold Days drops and I'll most likely wait for the audio, anyway.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #1082
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cold Days audiobook version

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Just to clarify, I'm still on my first run through the series, taking a break every 2-3 volumes. I doubt I'll get caught up before Cold Days drops and I'll most likely wait for the audio, anyway.
Doesn't audible release a new title at the same time as the printed version and the ebook are released? I seem to remember Amazon recently offering the audiobook along with an ebook for $4 or $5 extra.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-17-2012 at 01:38 PM.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #1083
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
For audio book fans, it has been confirmed by Jim that Cold Days will be read by Masters!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #1084
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files re-read

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I just completed Storm Front and will begin Fool Moon tomorrow. Off to bed I go!
It really was a kick reading Fool Moon again! As before I enjoyed it immensely. I'd forgotten a lot of details too! Began Grave Peril last evening!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #1085
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Finished Ghost Story and Side Jobs. Waiting for Cold Days.

Just read the blurb for Cold Days on Amazon. Glad I didn't read it before Ghost Story.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #1086
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
For audio book fans, it has been confirmed by Jim that Cold Days will be read by Masters!
Excellent. I skipped Ghost Stories in audio because Marsters didn't read it. I have all the others. I suspect that authors consider me that perfect customer in that I tend to get both the ebook and audio book of books that I like.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:47 AM   #1087
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
that's great news! it was jarring to have a different narrator, and actually fool moon was one of my first audio books because james marsters sounded like harry to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #1088
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool A short break

Quote:
It really was a kick reading Fool Moon again! As before I enjoyed it immensely. I'd forgotten a lot of details too! Began Grave Peril last evening!
My re-visit to Grave Peril was a really fun. Lots of new characters who inhabit the Dresdenverse get introduced for the first time. Like Thomas, Michael, even Morty...
Spoiler:
...and Bianca receives her just rewards!!! Also yuk , Jennifer get AFU'd!

So now I'm going to take a short break in my re-read of The Dresden Files and since the 4th James Potter book, James Potter and the Morrigan Web will be released soon, am now currently re-reading the 2nd James Potter book James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper, both by G. Norman Lippert.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #1089
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Large Covers

Here are all of The Dresden Files covers at 1181x1856.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500270.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	92876   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500287.jpg
Views:	1319
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	92877   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500294.jpg
Views:	1219
Size:	546.9 KB
ID:	92878   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500300.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	467.0 KB
ID:	92879   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500317.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	92880   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500324.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	536.0 KB
ID:	92881   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500331.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	537.6 KB
ID:	92882   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500348.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	533.2 KB
ID:	92883   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500355.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	92884   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500362.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	674.3 KB
ID:	92885   Click image for larger version

Name:	9780356500379.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	591.8 KB
ID:	92886   Click image for larger version

Name:	9781841497143.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	611.7 KB
ID:	92887   Click image for larger version

Name:	9781841497617.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	92888   Click image for larger version

Name:	9781841497618.jpg
Views:	2588
Size:	811.2 KB
ID:	92889   Click image for larger version

Name:	9781841499208.jpg
Views:	1330
Size:	619.4 KB
ID:	92890  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #1090
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
My re-visit to Grave Peril was a really fun. Lots of new characters who inhabit the Dresdenverse get introduced for the first time. Like Thomas, Michael, even Morty...
Spoiler:
...and Bianca receives her just rewards!!! Also yuk , Jennifer get AFU'd!

So now I'm going to take a short break in my re-read of The Dresden Files and since the 4th James Potter book, James Potter and the Morrigan Web will be released soon, am now currently re-reading the 2nd James Potter book James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper, both by G. Norman Lippert.
Quote:
The James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper re-read went a little slowly as I spent some time playing with my new Kindle Fire. In my copy of Gatekeeper I've added a chapter (12a) that is a short story by Lippert called Petra's Getaway. I recommend that anyone reading Gatekeeper should read this short story between chapters 12 and 13. Anyway, it was quite enjoyable and I continue to look forward to the new one's release, James Potter and the Morrigan Web which is promised soon (this Autumn).

So, continuing my Dresden File re-read break I've just begun the G. Norman Lippert novella, The Girl on the Dock which I think of as James Potter 2.5.
Well, I finished The Girl on the Dock and it was, again, a really good read and a very good bridge between the second and third James Potter books.

Next I'm going to go back to my re-read of The Dresden Files. I'll read another three, beginning with book four, Summer Knight. :bookworm
Old 09-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #1091
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Finally started Ghost Story last night. Had to force myself to stop reading and go to bed. Now slogging through my work duties (and checking MR, obviously) and really wanting to get back to reading.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #1092
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Bigfoot Trilogy

Quote:
Next I'm going to go back to my re-read of The Dresden Files. I'll read another three, beginning with book four, Summer Knight. :bookworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Finally started Ghost Story last night. Had to force myself to stop reading and go to bed. Now slogging through my work duties (and checking MR, obviously) and really wanting to get back to reading.
Good to hear, Christa!

I just took a quick break about 3/4 of the way through Summer Knight to read the Dresden Files short story, B is for Bigfoot which takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril, so is actually the first story in the Bigfoot Trilogy even though the anthology containing it was published last (Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron by Jonathan Strahan). It was a fun quick read. Now back to finish Summer Knight!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #1093
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

instead of slogging through your day, perhaps you should have called in sick and finished it ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #1094
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Turn Coat, I'm pretty sure, Harry mentions that one of the wardens helped him get rid of debilitating headaches. I'm assuming that's in a story I haven't read. I'm further assuming that someone here has .

What story am I looking for?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #1095
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
In Turn Coat, I'm pretty sure, Harry mentions that one of the wardens helped him get rid of debilitating headaches. I'm assuming that's in a story I haven't read. I'm further assuming that someone here has .

What story am I looking for?
I don't have a clue as I don't remember the incident. If I run into it during this re-read I'll let you know.

Quote:
Well, I finished The Girl on the Dock and it was, again, a really good read and a very good bridge between the second and third James Potter books.

Next I'm going to go back to my re-read of The Dresden Files. I'll read another three, beginning with book four, Summer Knight.
Quote:
Good to hear, Christa!

I just took a quick break about 3/4 of the way through Summer Knight to read the Dresden Files short story, B is for Bigfoot which takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril, so is actually the first story in the Bigfoot Trilogy even though the anthology containing it was published last (Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron by Jonathan Strahan). It was a fun quick read. Now back to finish Summer Knight!
I finished Summer Knight and Death Masks, both were GREAT and have begun re-reading Blood Rites!

Last edited by alansplace; 09-30-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy