Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Sarpa
Sarpa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3
How to include high quality images

Hi All,
just experiencing my first steps with Calibre. I try to create an epub from htm-source that I've created in Word. Within the WORD file, I've included high quality images. Within the epub I want to show the images in the text, scaled to a normal page, but when I click the image, I want a high quality image to open. Is is possible to have these high quality images included in the ebook as well?

Many thanks and for the developers of this awesome tool.

Cheers,
Sarpa
Sarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Sarpa

Really no one to help out?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
What you're asking for is generally possible with ePub, but it doesn't have anything to do with Calibre's capabilities, which is probably why you got radio silence when you asked the first time.

Your question is actually an ePub authoring question. You'd be be better off asking in the Sigil sub-forum or ePub formatting sub-forum.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Sarpa

Many thanks!
I see its an epub question now. However, an option in Calibre to facilitate this would be very useful.

Cheers,
Sarpa
Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpa View Post
Many thanks!
I see its an epub question now. However, an option in Calibre to facilitate this would be very useful.

Cheers,
Sarpa
Calibre is NOT an editor.
If the book has HQ images, calibre will usually leave them alone (unless the rules for a format say low Q images needed)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #6
Sarpa

When I create an epub from a htm-file through Calibre then Calibre reduces the images when converting. So, it is up to Calibre to decide what to do with the images in this case.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile in calibre to tablet and the images will not be resized.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image quality conversion