Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-04-2008, 04:55 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by srml View Post
No, it doesn't. Actually Bookeen is infringing the ICU License by not mentioning the fact that the license allows the redestribution of the icudt36l.dat file contained in the system folder.

Daniel
What is this file? I mean, I know it's there in the system folder, and the Gen3 doesn't like it at all if you delete it, but what does it do?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 AM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What is this file? I mean, I know it's there in the system folder, and the Gen3 doesn't like it at all if you delete it, but what does it do?
The data file to http://source.icu-project.org/. And I would be very suprised if it was modified so the copyright statement given before should be valid.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #19
yizheng
yizheng began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Dear Bookeen user,

I also format my system folder by accident and my bookeen is the checkered status. Can someone send me a copy ?

my e-mail address is yizheng (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you in advance.
yizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #20
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here

http://egad.dyndns.org/cybook/

are the system files for the two builds.
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #21
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Are the system files different than the firmware file? My cybook is well and truly bricked. When you guys get the 'checkerboard' screen, does it cycle through the startup screens? Mine stalls at the first screen and doesn't show up on my computer.
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momghoti View Post
Are the system files different than the firmware file? My cybook is well and truly bricked. When you guys get the 'checkerboard' screen, does it cycle through the startup screens? Mine stalls at the first screen and doesn't show up on my computer.
The system files are probably inlcuded in the firmware update.

Have you tried to press ENTER when starting and holding i a minute or so the Cybook to see if the update is started?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ohh, yes. I've tried every combination I could think had a chance of working and a few that didn't. I apparently successfully upgraded to the new firmware, then turned it off to try loading an ebook onto the SD card(which I had problems with). When I tried to turn it on, it got to the first page--'CYBOOK GEN3'--and stopped. I've also tried to 'downgrade' to 538 but nothing happens.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momghoti View Post
Ohh, yes. I've tried every combination I could think had a chance of working and a few that didn't. I apparently successfully upgraded to the new firmware, then turned it off to try loading an ebook onto the SD card(which I had problems with). When I tried to turn it on, it got to the first page--'CYBOOK GEN3'--and stopped. I've also tried to 'downgrade' to 538 but nothing happens.
I just tried to remove the system folder but then I get a checker board pattern after a while when booting. So your problem is proably not a corrupt internal file system or corrupted files on that file system.

When I booted I hade to wait a while after the checker board pattern appeared before I could mount the filesystem and restore the system folder. That was a bit worrying. I thought I had bricked it...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #25
momghoti
Zealot

One of the other posters thinks that there may be a hardware problem, that has nothing to do with the firmware update. The worrisome thing is that my computer refuses to see the cybook at all, as a drive; it also doesn't see the SD card if it is installed. I'll try another cable, but it seems to charge ok with the one I have so it's probably not that.
Any ideas?
Rene