Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Strange - deleted books came back

When I've finished a book, go the Content Manager and delete it. I have done this with about five books so far with no problem.

Today finished another book and went to delete it, and oddly enough, found all those other books I had previously deleted were back again.

I removed them all, but what the heck could have caused that?

Does Amazon feel that I need to read them again?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
When I've finished a book, go the Content Manager and delete it. I have done this with about five books so far with no problem.

Today finished another book and went to delete it, and oddly enough, found all those other books I had previously deleted were back again.
If they were books you purchased from Amazon they are in your Media Library and can be downloaded to you Kindle again. In the Content Manager look just under the name of the book for a label indicating its location. You should see Kindle, SD Card, or Amazon.

Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwit View Post
If they were books you purchased from Amazon they are in your Media Library and can be downloaded to you Kindle again. In the Content Manager look just under the name of the book for a label indicating its location. You should see Kindle, SD Card, or Amazon.Bob
Oh, for Pete's sake, I never noticed that. I just assumed that once deleted, they'd no longer show there.

If I keep buying books at the rate been doing so far, that Content Manager is going to be huge!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I'm not sure if it is clear from Bob's post, so with apologies if this is obvious: you can't completely delete stuff that is in your Amazon media library. You can remove it from local memory, and you don't have to list Amazon & Kindle & SD content (choose any one or all of them).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
If I keep buying books at the rate been doing so far, that Content Manager is going to be huge!
From the Show and Sort menu of the Content Manager you can elect to only display content that is on your device. Check the various options there.

Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote