Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
redbaronix
redbaronix began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD-2
Amazon Wish List Import for Calibre/GoodReads

Hi,

This is for those who would be interested.

I was tired of not finding a program that would import my Amazon Wish Lists and do exactly what I was looking for. So I build one for myself and though maybe some of you guys would like to use it.

The app parse your wish list, does ASIN, ISBN and GoodReads lookup. It also looks into your Calibre library to see if you have the book.

It can generate a CSV file to import into Calibre and Goodreads and/or add directly into your Calibre library. I'm still working on adding directly onto a GoodReads book shelf.

Requirement: Windows 7 or 10, .Net Framework 4.0 profile client

So any one interested, message me and I'll send you the installation program with the instructions.

Here are some print screen of the app:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amzwl_1.JPG
Views:	730
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	164633   Click image for larger version

Name:	amzwl_2.JPG
Views:	648
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	164634   Click image for larger version

Name:	amzwl_3.JPG
Views:	614
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	164635  
redbaronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As single application might be better, but in case you don't want to reinvent things, there are two related calibre plugins you might want to look at.

Firstly, GoodReads Sync can import books from Goodreads to your calibre or the other way round. That includes adding them to shelves on Goodreads or tagging them based on the Goodreads shelves.

The Import List plugin can import a CSV file. It will attempt to match the entries in the CSV to books in the library. You can also manually match the books if needed or add new books.

So, generate the CSV. Use the Import List plugin to get the books into calibre. And GoodReads Sync to get the books into GR.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
redbaronix
redbaronix began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD-2
Hi,

I know about the import plugin but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I know I'm difficult and picky but that's just the way I am. My app does generate the CSV files by parsing directly the amazon wish list web page and make use of GoodReads and WorldCat APIs and connect to Calibre DB. Currently working on using Amazon API.

Beside I did not reinvent the wheel, I just made it roll better ;-) I've just added some more features to it.

Sometimes things need to be improved and/or made better...just saying .
redbaronix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon wish list, calibre, epub, goodreads, mobi