Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #16
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
I'm curious, what tablet do you have? What version of Android is it running?

I don't understand how it's possible to show zero books under "All" and since it does it's, at best, totally different from the Android app on my phone.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #17
HippieWiccan
Enthusiast
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2
Galaxy Tab 12.2 running 5.1.1...that is the window that shows what is downloaded...if I switch to "All" it shows my entire library. I attached more images so you can see the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-02-12-25-08.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	509.2 KB
ID:	165391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-02-12-17-33.png
Views:	74
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	165392  
HippieWiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #18
HippieWiccan
Enthusiast

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could move all of it to my SD Card
Old 08-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #19
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
Kindle for Android has always been a pig with its Data usage. It persists through successive updates, and sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling resets it to something more reasonable. On my Android 5.1 device, Data storage is 387MB, and I have only one book downloaded that is less than 1MB.

There is a bare-bones ‘Kindle Lite’ Android app that Amazon produces for Asian market where devices tend to be less endowed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...klite&hl=en_US

However according to Google Play, it is ‘incompatible with your device’ so I can’t try it out from that source at least. There seem to be a number of sites you can download an .apk from.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 PM   #20
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...klite&hl=en_US

However according to Google Play, it is ‘incompatible with your device’ so I can’t try it out from that source at least. There seem to be a number of sites you can download an .apk from.
For me it says not available in my country. So maybe both device and geo restricted.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:30 PM   #21
HippieWiccan
Enthusiast

I got the same error.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #22
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems likely that Data storage size has some correlation with the size of one’s Library. As of now, I have 1713 Books and 245 Docs, plus about 300 Newstand issues. All of these things require some storage even if they are not on the device (thumbnails and metadata). Still, it cannot account for the storage that is getting allocated (and seemingly never decreases in size).

On the iPad I’m typing on, the Kindle app size is 115.7 MB and Documents & Data is 118.8 MB. I have 3 books downloaded, which account for something like 80 MB of that (sheet music and illustration-laden). When I remove books, the D&D total goes down. On my iPhone the Kindle app chews up 5.6 GB of D&D but that includes 3 dozen audiobooks.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:54 AM   #23
tomsem
Wizard

I went to Settings - Storage - Apps - Amazon Kindle and pressed the Clear Data button. Data went to 0 MB. Then launched the app, supplied my credentials, sync took only a few seconds. Then I went back to Settings — Data went to 212 MB with no books downloaded. Still ‘excessive’ but at least better than before.

After downloading the one book that was there before, storage went up to 213 MB. So the above procedure recovered about 174 MB of free space.

Perhaps things would be better on a more modern version of Android than 5.1.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:53 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Android Kindle App does seem to be a bit of a pig when it comes to storage. I recall having to stop using it on my Onyx T68 because it was using many hundreds of MB with no books downloaded. The iOS App doesn’t have that issue - the only storage space used is the actual app size (116MB) plus whatever books you’ve actually downloaded (or sideloaded).
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote