Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
69carat
69carat began at the beginning.

Device: none
[Kobo] Reading progress not updated in calibre anymore

Hi,

I have a Kobo libra H2O and when i connected my kobo to Calibre it used to update in Calibre my reading status "Last read Timestamp" and "Percent read".

Since a month it doesn't do it anymore and i don't understand why.
I updated Calibre to the last update, could that be the cause ?

Thank you,
69carat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you checked the configuration of the plugin? Something might have changed in that. Check that it is still set to start automatically for your device. It shouldn't change unless you do it, but, any changes could have affect. Also make sure the columns in the configuration are correct. If you changed them in some way, it could have affect here.

Otherwise, we get to the usual questions:
  • Are there any errors shown? Or other messages?
  • What version of calibre? OS?
  • What firmware version? All the firmware versions for the Libra H2O should be OK, but, it is a detail that can be useful.
  • Are the books on the device that you have been reading matched to the books in calibre? That means there will be a green tick against the book when you connect the device.

The answers should help, but, running calibre in debug mode and posting the log will probably tell me what is wrong. You can do this by right-clicking the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart and display a message about the log file. Then connect the device and let the device jobs run. At the end, close calibre and the log will be shown. Post or PM the full log to look at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2020, 11:01 PM   #3
69carat
69carat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for your message davidfor!

I was listing all my firmware and information asked and when i connected the ereader to check if the name of the books matched the one on the reader with the green check, it showed me the window with the book status that will be imported in caliber.

Caliber is up to date and i don't know it didn't work for the last 3 weeks i was trying to.

I tried to connect and reconnect the reader many times because i read that sometime you need to connect the reader 2 time to updates books series's name. ( it happened to me)

Thank you for your message davidfore, I have no clue why it didn't work before
69carat is offline   Reply With Quote