Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2020, 01:48 AM   #16
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Kindle readers from the K2 and Kindle DX through the original kindle Touch had one to three hardware fonts available with 8 sizes of print available. The K2 and DX had one font shown. The Kindle Touch lists 3, Hevetica, Caecilia and Caecilia Condensed. The Kindle NT and Kindle Keyboard list "regular", "condensed" and "sans serif" as font choices. I do not believe that more fonts were available until the PW1, possibly with firmware upgrades. All of these were just checked and with the latest available firmware installed.

Other fonts, if possible, had to be encoded in book files I believe.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:14 AM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Call me dim but I can't see the point of this table except for historical interest. The ability to use custom fonts seems to make it redundant.

Could someone please enlighten me?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote