Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Ghost of Casper
Ghost of Casper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Touch
Mobi files not showing cover in KOReader

I've recently been looking to use the KOReader for my preferred method of organization on my jailbroken PW4, however none of my mobi files that were converted in Calibre are showing a cover.

I have reviewed each book and added the cover in Calibre and they appear correctly in the Kindle itself but when i open up KOReader they are not populating,

Apologies if this has been covered in previous threads, i haven't been able to find any info after multiple searches.

Ghost of Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It seems plausible that MOBI metadata support would be extremely minimal to nonexistent.

MOBI support in general is extremely minimal, I wouldn't really rely on it. Since you're already converting stuff, I'd urge you to keep using ePubs .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
Ghost of Casper

Thanks NiLuje,
Converting everything to ePubs works for the covers but now have another issue, My series that have 10+ books are not being displayed in a proper order IE not 1,2,3,4 but 1,10,11,2,3,4) Does KOReader have the ability to sort by series number or would it be more of a naming issue of the files?
Old 03-28-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Casper View Post
Does KOReader have the ability to sort by series number or would it be more of a naming issue of the files?

Nope. The filemanager can sort by name, atime, mtime and the like, but doesn't know any metadata of the file. That feature was requested in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3864.

You actually see *some* metadata because the cover browser plugin scans each file *once* to show the proper book name and author.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Just name them "Series 1", etc. Although it's possible you might need to name it "Series 01". I'm sure calibre should be able to accommodate.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
Ghost of Casper

Thanks Everyone,

I was able to get the ordering to work with some adjustments to the Send-to-Device settings in Calibre and display settings in KOreader so the title only shows the title but KOReader sorts by the file name itself.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:20 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Casper View Post
Thanks NiLuje,
Converting everything to ePubs works for the covers but now have another issue, My series that have 10+ books are not being displayed in a proper order IE not 1,2,3,4 but 1,10,11,2,3,4) Does KOReader have the ability to sort by series number or would it be more of a naming issue of the files?
The easiest way is to provide a leading zero for single digits, will work for (00-99) Two zeros for single digits (000-999); and so on.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote