Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Quick question about side loaded fonts

Hi!

I successfully renamed my Arial and several other fonts to the Kobo Naming Structure <font name>-<font action>.ttf. However, when I tried it again this morning with other fonts, I couldn't get italic versions to show up.

These are the fonts that I couldn't get to work, I'm wondering if anyone else had any issues:

I opened each font file, checked the file name at the top of the window, changed it to that name-whatever it was supposed to do.ttf (.otf). I *did* change some of them to .ttf instead of .TTF.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
Hi!

I successfully renamed my Arial and several other fonts to the Kobo Naming Structure <font name>-<font action>.ttf. However, when I tried it again this morning with other fonts, I couldn't get italic versions to show up.

These are the fonts that I couldn't get to work, I'm wondering if anyone else had any issues:

I opened each font file, checked the file name at the top of the window, changed it to that name-whatever it was supposed to do.ttf (.otf). I *did* change some of them to .ttf instead of .TTF.
I tried the Linux Biolinum G font and after renaming, copying and power cycling my Aura HD, the font showed up okay. Font version was reported as 1.1.0.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2014, 11:29 PM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Yes, it's the full power cycle that might be missing, VirgoGirl? Not just sleep/wake, but hold the power button till it fully turns off.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
VirgoGirl
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, nope I didn't power off. When I added the other fonts I hadn't powered off, but the rendered anyway. I'll give it another try, then power off. It's not that much of a loss if they don't work, as long as Arial works then I'm happy.

THANK YOU for the help!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
VirgoGirl

Powering off and on worked like a charm, thank you!

I don't know why the previous time didn't need a reboot to work, but this time it apparently needed it.

Thanks again!!
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
If only everything were so easily fixed! Enjoy.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote