Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
blorg
blorg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Export Moon+ highlights as a plain text readable file?

My understanding is that Moon+ reader allows for a backup of highlights and annotations in a protected file format (it seems to be an encrypted PKZIP archive), with extension .mrpro.

Such file is only useful to retrieve your annotations in a new installation of Moon reader. It cannot (correct me if I'm wrong) be opened outside of Moon+ reader.

What I look for, though, is the ability to save my highlights in a format I can use elsewhere, to paste in a document and whatnot.

Does anybody know a way?

Thanks!
blorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
blorg

I understand that there is a way, from the "bookmarks" dialog, to export highlights and annotations in html or txt format by clicking on "share".

However this must be done one by one for each book. What I would like is a way to do this in a bulk for all books that have highlights.
Advert
Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 AM   #3
Earthlark
Earthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
This is been a pain for me as well. Moon+ is excellent for annotating EPUBSs and PDFs, and it's alright for accessing the PDF annotations on Windows... but I still have to do a bit of file copying for this. I keep waiting for a solution that will link an Windows ereader to Moon+ annotations. I suppose the best solution of that would be for Moon+ to be ported to Windows. Know idea if that will ever happen.

This isn't really a direct answer to your question, but one way to access Moon+'s annotations would be to install an Android emulator on Windows to get usable access to annotations--I'm always copying and pasting quotes and it's useful for me to have access to full context of highlight rather than just highlight (and note). Anyway, I tried this with Nox and it seemed to work pretty well, but Nox kept crashing my Windows. Maybe the updated version of Nox will work better... Anyway, that's one semi-solution.
Earthlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
What I wish I could convince Seanyword (Moon+'s maker) to do is at least change the way the resultant notes are formatted a bit, to use something other than parentheses to distinguish annotations from highlights. Because a lot of text that a person would highlight has parentheses! If it were something other than parentheses, there would be a solution for going over notes more easily without seanyword putting one in: someone would simply write a script to separate them out based on the formatting used and apply, like, bold text or tables to them.

Perhaps if others ask him the same thing ...

Last edited by graatch; 02-17-2020 at 10:02 PM. Reason: idea
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Tortuosit
Enthusiast
Tortuosit began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Mate 20 X
Everybody wishes different things, I wish the day will come where closing parantheses don't get wrapped to next line ��
Tortuosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2020, 01:45 AM   #6
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
Quote:
Everybody wishes different things, I wish the day will come where closing parantheses don't get wrapped to next line ��
That would be a good change too. Maybe we can put together a document of feature requests and present it at once so seanyword doesn't feel he's doing something for just one person. The feature could be so much better and it's the one thing that still really frustrates me about Moon Reader and e-reading in general.
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:04 AM   #7
Tortuosit
Enthusiast

Just do it, tbh I'm currently a bit tired if reporting. I prefer Librera now, it's different, but also good, and the rendering is flawless here.

It has drawbacks, but what I love is that I can precisele define standard/bold/italic/bolditalic fonts. And like the UI. Communication with the dev is better.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:37 AM   #8
blorg

Can you export annotations in this Libera you speak of?
Old 03-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
Tortuosit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorg View Post
Can you export annotations in this Libera you speak of?
No annotations AFAICS. Bookmarks which can have a descriptive text, which can be shared, cannot send screenshots unfortunately.

Edit: Text is in a json file like this:

Code:
{"1583520943077":{"isF":false,"p":0.22617353,"path":"/storage/4A21-0000/Buch/Lukianenko, Sergej/Lukianenko, Sergej - Spektrum.epub","t":1583520943077,"text":"This is example text"}}

Last edited by Tortuosit; 03-06-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Tags
annotations, export, highlights, moon+ reader