Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
fAX
fAX began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kindle Voyage
Thumbs down Cannot flash M96

Hi allmighty All,

Yesterday I connected a bad cable to a charger which made my M96 very hot. I don't really understand what happened and thought the reader is dead.

As it was completely discharged, I charged the reader from my notebook today; and it started to show signs of life. It didn't boot but at some point I could enter the recovery.

Now I cannot reflash from recovery, since I get signature failures during package verification.
I cannot flash from fastboot, as I get
Code:
sending 'system' (378880 KB)...
FAILED (remote: data too large)
I cannot flash from MFG_tool, as the mass storage does not have a drive mounted...

Is there a way to reflash from a PC, or an update image which flashes without failing signature validation?

I understand, the reader could be still dead and causing this, but I have no idea what to do at the point...

Thanks...
fAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It sounds like your bad cable shorted out the battery, which would make it very hot. If so, you're lucky it didn't burst or even catch fire. Maybe all you need is a new battery, but I can imagine that the charging circuitry also got damaged.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
fAX
fAX began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kindle Voyage
rkomar, you were absolutely right, all the weird behavior seemed to be the result of short circuit and battery that didn't give enough current or so. After a couple of charge-discharge cycles I was able to flash ROM and boot the device.

So it seems that the device is alive (huh!), will watch the battery. BTW, can you advice where do I find replacement one if I need?
fAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #4
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fAX View Post
rkomar, you were absolutely right, all the weird behavior seemed to be the result of short circuit and battery that didn't give enough current or so. After a couple of charge-discharge cycles I was able to flash ROM and boot the device.

So it seems that the device is alive (huh!), will watch the battery. BTW, can you advice where do I find replacement one if I need?

The official replacement battery from Booxstor:

http://ereader-store.de/en/8-accessoires

Some discussion about the battery, which could help you find alternate suppliers:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175472

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastboot, flash, m96, signature