Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
steve257
steve257 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Converting to PDF ... Font size to big

Recently when Ive tried to convert EPUB or MOBI files to PDF I end up with a PDF document that will have 2000+ pages and text so big only 10 words appear on the page.

Does anyone know how I fix/resolve this. Never had any problems previously (using earlier versions of calibre) and wondering if default settings have changed as it used to be a simple task. Thanks.

steve
steve257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Change your output profile back to default and select a proper page size in the pdf output options.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
steve257
steve257 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi kovidgoyal,

Thanks for the super quick reply.

steve257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
Ultimathor
Ultimathor began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini Retina
Solution does not seem to work for me??

Hi,

I've encountered the same problem, where the font in a converted .pdf file has an extremely large font. After running the job for about 7 seconds the "Running PDF output plugin" starts and runs for an additional 30 seconds. In comparison, converting to ePub takes about 6 seconds total and works as expected.

I have restored default settings for the pdf output option and I've gone to Output Options/PDF Output and checked the "Override paper size in output file" and selected "a1" as paper size and set the default font size to "12 px" and the monospace font size to "10 px".

Regardless of the settings I get the same result.

I am guessing there is a simple solution but I can't seem to figure it out myself. Thanks for any suggestions .

Take care,

Thor

Last edited by Ultimathor; 02-06-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to include that I had also restored default settings
Ultimathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to change the settings in the individual conversion dialog for qa ocnversion you have already performed. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...for-conversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
Ultimathor
Ultimathor began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini Retina
Hi kovidgoyal,

That worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot

Take care,

Thor
Ultimathor is offline   Reply With Quote