Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #391
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Hi Jim -- I haven't seen much activity here, so was wondering if you were still working with Freda. I have a novel downloaded from Webscription that Freda keeps crashing on, and I wondered if you were available to take a look. Thanks! (I still use Freda on a regular basis on my Dell Axim.)

Oh--I originally had a corrupted ebook file, and downloaded a new one which seems good (viewed in Calibre viewer). I told Freda to Forget the Book, and then removed it from the library before adding in the new copy. Is there anything else I should have done to clear out remnants of the old file?

Last edited by starrigger; 04-15-2011 at 01:08 AM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #392
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I have a novel downloaded from Webscription that Freda keeps crashing on, and I wondered if you were available to take a look
I am still maintaining Freda (but my main focus for new development is actually the version for Windows Phone 7). If you send me the problem book, I'll test it and let you know what I find. If it's a simple code fix on my side, I'll publish an update to the Windows Mobile 6/5/... version.

You can email me at jim@turnipsoft.co.uk
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #393
Grahameh
Grahameh began at the beginning.

Device: HTC HD2
I was using Freda on my HD2 and it was fine. Then it started crashing. I downloaded the latest version for WM and thought it was fixed but then it started crashing every time I tried to read something. Are there any other readers for WM6.5?
Grahameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:36 AM   #394
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
Jim

I've been using FREDA since a long time ago (shortly after you released the first beta I believe) on both an X50v (2003se)and an x51v(6.1) with no problems.

emai7s2
upgrade to 6.1 is pretty straight forward or nearly impossible. I'm not sure what it depends on. I have gone back and forth several times with nary a problem others with the same unit and far more adept than I never do get it to work. For my use (email and ebooks) 2003 is fine though with the upgrade you can use larger capacity cards. I like my X51v because it holds all my dictionaries, wikipedia the CIA fact book and several other reference books.

check out XDA <http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402468>

and Mobility site <http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/x50-x51-forums/>

both have files and excellent help for upgrading.
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #395
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahameh View Post
I was using Freda on my HD2 and it was fine. Then it started crashing. I downloaded the latest version for WM and thought it was fixed but then it started crashing every time I tried to read something.
Could you send me your log file (it will be in /program files/freda/logfile.txt) and I may be able to figure out the problem. I am at jim@turnipsoft.co.uk.
There is, by the way, a problem with the memory setup on some WM6.5 devices. For people having this problem, there is an alternative Freda program that might work better at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3478831/FredaCab_2_0_101.CAB

Regards,

Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #396
DaniellY
DaniellY began at the beginning.

Device: Daniell
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
Jim

I've been using FREDA since a long time ago (shortly after you released the first beta I believe) on both an X50v (2003se)and an x51v(6.1) with no problems.
is it free? what are the technical requirements?
DaniellY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #397
Jim Chapman
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellY View Post
is it free? what are the technical requirements?
Yes it is free. There are two versions of Freda (one for Windows Mobile 6.5/6.1/6.0/5/2003/WinCE) and another for Windows Phone 7.

The Windows Phone 7 version is on the MarketPlace (there is a free version called 'freda', which displays advertisements; if you don't want to see advertisements, you can buy 'freda-unfree' for $0.99).

The Windows Mobile version is available from various download sites. But I would suggest using the links at http://www.turnipsoft.co.uk/freda/manual/download.htm . Freda works on any Windows Mobile device running 6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5, 2003 or WinCE, as long as it has a touch screen.