Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #136
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Black-Tie Bingo is now free at the blog store. It should go free within 48 hours on Kobo:

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/black-tie-bingo

Don't forget there is a HUGE sale at kobo this weekend (already started in the US) -- all of my books, including the boxed sets, are half off with 50JUN code at checkout. This sale is sponsored by Kobo--so it won't change my share of the commissions at all--stock up! Many, many indie and small publisher titles are on sale this weekend and the coupon code can be used on an unlimited number of qualifying books.

Here's a list of my books:
https://store.kobobooks.com/search?Q...aria+schneider

Please spread the word! If you're in a GR or facebook reading group, let people know about the sale and the coupon code -- 50JUN, unlimited use on many, many titles.

The sale is good in the US NOW and in Canada, Australia and New Zealand over the weekend (some reports are in that the code is already working). If you are in the UK or another country where the sale is not working and want to buy any of my books--let me know and I will send you a code for my blog store for half off the books of your choice. (Blogstore payment is by paypal so I do not see your credit card or payment info.)

Thank you,
Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #137
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated: I reviewed a REALLY great band on the blog today. If you like music, check these guys out--they play a lot of different stuff--country rock, blues, southern style bayou music--good stuff. I'm going to put the direct link to the review for those who see this later so it can still be found. The name of the band is The South Austin Moonlighters.

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/hom...-moonlighters/

Edited: Books have been ordered--if you need a signed copy, contact me. They run about 10 dollars shipped in the US for a single copy, but any two books brings that cost down to 8.50 a copy. I send a free handmade bookbag with any purchase. I will send international as well, but the cost will depend on actual shipping charges and the speed of the shipping (harder to get good rates.) I accept personal checks or paypal.

I'm also one of FB beta testers for their new "Store" program. I've loaded up a couple of things to see what this is all about. It's a US store only according to FB (I don't know if international FB users can even see the store.) The "shop" or "store" is at the top of my BearMountainBooks FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/BearMountai...homepage_panel

The interesting thing about the way this is run is that FB requires buyers and sellers to sign up for their "Stripe" account--which is a paypal competitor. Will be interesting from a commerce idea to see how this all works out for them.

Thanks,
Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 07-12-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #138
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Dragons of Wendal is on sale for 99 cents this weekend at Amazon, Kobo and my blog store. Sale ends Monday.

If you missed my review of The South Austin Moonlighters--check it out--they were totally awesome.
http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/hob...-moonlighters/

I'm now a Walmart affiliate. If you click through to Walmart via the link on the sidebar and order anything online, I receive a small commission.

I am working on a new, Top Secret project. For a glimpse:
https://www.facebook.com/nutritionmafia/?ref=bookmarks

That's not the final version as I'm quite a ways from publishing. There is one other secret work in progress that is slated for next year! Let's hope everything goes well.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #139
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

I've reworked the Dragons of Wendal blurb and would love to hear any opinions. I'd like to do some advertising with this series and the blurb needs to reflect the cozy fantasy nature as well as the romantic bent. I'm not sure I captured that, but I'm trying!

Quote:
Learning new magic isn’t as easy as Zoe expected, especially when the mages at Gorgon University seem dead set against teaching. Add in some necessary late-night sneaking about, and Zoe is almost certain to be kicked out. No one in their right mind would view going to Wendal as a good alternative, but Zoe ends up there after she accidentally gains the attention of both a dragon and a wolf shifter from Wendal. To regain her freedom, all Zoe has to do is unravel one very large curse that has befallen Lindis, the dragon. And then there's the wolf, Derrick. He's more than happy to protect Zoe from the dragons, but what might he demand in return?
On the blog this week I featured artist Chris Dunn. Just fabulous stuff. I love good art.

Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 08-14-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #140
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Just from reading the blurb alone I wouldn't know anything about "Wendal." My first thought would be that it's a person's (or dragon's) name, which makes it a poor fit as an alternative to "Gorgon University." A bit more context might be helpful.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #141
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Rats. Thanks. You're the second person that thought it was a person's name. Obviously an issue. Thanks. I shall speedily bang my head against the wall. I mean, I shall speedily hunt for a solution!

Update: I fiddled it. It's a little more clear now although it may not be perfect. Thanks!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 08-14-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #142
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Anyone into fonts? I've been studying up on them to improve covers. It's an art in and of itself. I found two great sites with some very decent fonts for reasonable prices. Both have a freebie font (and other goodies) each week. The fonts have commercial licenses, but the other goodies (templates, backgrounds) are only 500 use so not as useful for covers, but if you do scrap booking or personal projects they might be of interest.

Okay, I've been informed I can't use affiliate links here so please see the blog for the free font download information or email me. Thanks!

In other news, I have interviewed Phil Hurley from The South Austin Moonlighters at the blog! They were invited to do a local tv spot/show and it's on the blog (youtube) along with the interview. Love their stuff.

www.BearMountainBooks.com

Have a great week, everyone!

edited to add: Giveaway on the blog today for Margaret Lake's Regan O'Reilly novella. It's the first in a series (sort of told in parts). 5 audio books will be given away. Entry is easy--just leave a comment on the post!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 08-24-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #143
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Cover reveal for One Good Eclair -- up on the blog!

www.BearMountainBooks.com
Old 09-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #144
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Update on One Good Eclair:

One Good Eclair shows as a pre-order on Kobo at what will be the full price ($3.99 US). It is not pre-order anywhere else (and probably won't be due to time constraints. Most retailers want the final copy uploaded 10 days before release in order to do pre-order. Final copy edit is next week. Release date is Oct 4. I don't like to cut things too close on the pre-order stuff because if it gets messed up, some retailers push the actual release another whole ten days.)

Anyway, there will be a sale of some type at the Kobo site after the release. That sale will not be on Oct 4 due to logistics, but I wanted to let you know about the book and the release date!!! Sale prices are very hard to coordinate because of lag times at Apple and because Google changes the price no matter what price I use. If there is a vendor you intend to buy from, please let me know and I can provide more details on pricing.

It will be on the blog in both epub and mobi (in one bundle) on Oct 4 at the sale price.

If you think this is confusing for you, imagine how I feel having to jump all the hurdles to get prices where they need to be and get all the uploads in different places with all the various rules. Advertisers have a bunch of gnarly rules too.

Please add One Good Eclair to your Goodreads reading list! It will help get the word out that the new book is coming!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ne-good-eclair

If anyone here would like an early review copy, please let me know. Current reviews means visibility on Amazon as they count reviews in their algorithms.

Thanks and happy reading!
Old 09-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #145
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Latest:

One Good Eclair can be purchased NOW from the blog store as an ebook:

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/store/

It is listed at the sale price. From the blog you get both the Kindle (mobi) and epub file in one zip file with no DRM.

I did go ahead and do pre-order at Amazon:

One Good Eclair

There is also pre-order at Kobo The sale price will occur on Oct 6 if all goes as planned.

The print version of the book can be ordered now from Amazon. Signed print copies can be ordered now from me (just PM me).

On release day (Oct 4) it will be available at B&N and Google (they don't allow pre-orders). Google tends to mess with pricing so it will be listed at 3.99 or higher--but then Google will change it to something else. I can control B&N prices so it will be 2.99 for a few days after release before going to 3.99.

Oh--it's also available at Smashwords (coupon for Smashwords to get the 2.99 price: VV67D)

and Apple as a pre-order. Here is the Apple link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/one...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Thanks for your support. If you have any questions, let me know!!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 09-26-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:07 AM   #146
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Release day is finally here!!!!

One Good Eclair (A Nutrition Mafia Mystery) is out! https://www.amazon.com/One-Good-Ecla..._kin_swatch_0?

It's also available at Kobo (You can use coupon OPEN75UP if you've never used that coupon on a book before) and Google Play.

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/one-...=2940156900237

There will be a giveaway on the blog for a proof/print copy. Green Bag Lady has donated a cute little zipper bag (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TeresaMade?ref=shop_sugg) as well as some book bags. There will also be at least one book bag, but probably several. There's a sign up for giveaways at the blog--I will not be announcing it here because I can only post once a week--so if you want to know about the giveaways sign up at the blog (I only do about 4 a year).

Please share the news, add the book to GR (There's also a print book giveaway going on at GR) and tweet!!!

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #147
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Coupon BMB30 will take 30 percent off many of my books at Kobobooks. Here's a list:

Dragons of Wendal: 9781452499499

Witch Moon: 1230000160916

Catch an Honest Thief: 1230000195401

Executive Dirt: 1230000572088

Moon Shadow Boxed set: 1230000607254

One Good Eclair: 1230001346961

Sedona Boxed set: 1230000596466

Soul of the Desert: 1230000199334

Included are the boxed sets and the two latest novels (One Good Eclair and Executive Dirt).

Feel free to spread the coupon around, but it is only good on the above list so far as I know!

Other coupons can be found at my blog--I keep a running list: http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/col...-kobo-coupons/

Thank you!
Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-25-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #148
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Soul of the Desert is on sale at Amazon, B&N and the blog for 99 cents for any of you who missed it (First time at 99 cents!) There's a coupon for Kobo for 30 percent off (BMB30). Or, if you haven't used the 50 and 90 percent of coupons at kobo you can use those (one time use, one book only, once per person) I keep a list of coupons: http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/col...-kobo-coupons/

I'm also tracking various deals for Black Friday on the blog--I'm a walmart affiliate, Amazon affiliate, See's Candies, Kobo and also two font sites. Shopping through the links on the blog keeps the blog going.

Thank you!
Old 11-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #149
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Like I do every year, I post various black friday bargains of possible interest to my blog readers. There's some good ones out today if you sew and of course, there's oodles at Amazon. I've picked out a couple of cooking/scrapbooking and so on.

I'm also an affiliate for a couple of great font sites now and those links are on the sidebar. I haven't seen BF deals from either of them, BUT I think there will be Cyber Monday deals from both.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. If you need a deal on any of my books, check my online store. If you've been hankering for something in particular and it isn't on sale, message me. I can create a coupon.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #150
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Dragons of Wendal is on sale at most outlets through tomorrow!

[Comment deleted - MODERATOR]

Print books at Amazon are on sale (spend 15 get 5 back).

Check the blog for links, news and bargains! www.BearMountainBooks.com

Also--running a series of "best book you read this year." Feel free to send me your entry!!! YES, just one! :>)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-07-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Tags
cozy, fantasy, magic, mystery, short stories