Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Affiliate in Canada: Kobo vs KoboIndigo

I note that on my new Kobo Clara HD, the value set in affiliate.conf is:

affiliate=KoboIndigo

I believe in my older devices, also bought from Indigo in Canada, the affiliate was set to just:

affiliate=Kobo

Is there any significance to this change? Things I can/can't access that I couldn't/could before? Thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:55 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I note that on my new Kobo Clara HD, the value set in affiliate.conf is:

affiliate=KoboIndigo

I believe in my older devices, also bought from Indigo in Canada, the affiliate was set to just:

affiliate=Kobo

Is there any significance to this change? Things I can/can't access that I couldn't/could before? Thanks!
On devices I purchased from Indigo (actually, Chapters), the affiliate out of the box was KoboIndigo while devices directly from Kobo has Kobo as the affiliate.

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that for official firmware releases, KoboIndigo tends to get new firmware after Kobo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert