Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Erek0se
Erek0se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Angry Bricked I guess

Hello,

I'm looking for a software image to put on the internal SD card of the Kobo Aura HD.

The device is my step mother's so I guess she didn't try anything fancy to get it bricken.

I tried both Hard reset methods
- Inserting a paper clip in the tiny hole on the bottom (doesn't power on after that)
- Holding the light button & sliding the power button several times (light begins flashing, goes steady and then shuts down)

My wild guess would be a battery issue or the software image being corrupted...

Would you happen to have a guide for opening the specific device (Aura HD) or is the "Glo Memory upgrade guide" valid for this also ?

Where could I download a working software image for the specific device ?

Thanks in advance

Erek0se
Erek0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:06 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent with the link to the image.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same. The links to the tools are out of date, but go to the right site. The download links are under "Support" (from memory).

I don't have an Aura HD, so I don't know how to open one. There were instructions posted shortly after the device came out, so a search should find them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't have an Aura HD, so I don't know how to open one. There were instructions posted shortly after the device came out, so a search should find them.
Here's disassembly instructions for a Kobo Aura HD.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Kobo+Au...lacement/96135

This is for replacing the screen, so it goes deeper than you need to go for replacing the microSD card.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-31-2018 at 03:15 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
Erek0se
Erek0se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you very much.
Both posts were really helpfull.
I had to replace the SD card as the original one seemed to be faulty somewhere.

Thanks again.
Erek0se is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura hd, bricked, software image