Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
ramonb
ramonb began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Calibre: how to delete columns

Hi,

I created a column in my Calibre and it hasn't worked the way I wanted. So, I want to delete this column. I've searched about this issue at Google, at the Calibre's manual and so on but I haven't found how to do it.

Thank you in advance.
ramonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonb View Post
Hi,

I created a column in my Calibre and it hasn't worked the way I wanted. So, I want to delete this column. I've searched about this issue at Google, at the Calibre's manual and so on but I haven't found how to do it.

Thank you in advance.
You do it in the same place you created themPreferences: Add your own columns: Highlight the CUSTOM (the ones with the column Icon) column

Warning: The column contents will be GONE foever

Click the recycle icon

If you just want to HIDE the column, remove the tick
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
the chosen icon to delete something is indeed not too intuitive, think of it as recycling the bits and bytes it used to be re-used somewhere else
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
ramonb
ramonb began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Thank very much you all. It worked!
ramonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
the chosen icon to delete something is indeed not too intuitive, think of it as recycling the bits and bytes it used to be re-used somewhere else
I agree.
Recycle is not the same as Trash(bin)

The former (PC green) implies reuseability
The later implies GONE
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You recycle the column to return it to the huge set of future possibilities?
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
nope, the space it occupied so it could be refurbished for a different purpose
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Instruction to 1960's trainee programmer - go and ask Charlie for the the bit bucket, hurry we're nearly out of semi-colons here, we only get one testing shot a day!

Bah, recycle bins, what sort of PC new age jargon is that

Bit Buckets please.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
True.

A couple of years back I wrote a short post about replacing icons in calibre. Kovid as created flexibility in this regard. I changed the recycle icon to the attached trashcan icon a long time back.

Until this thread I had completely forgot that the icon used to be a recycling symbol.
Attached Images

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I had a 'saved set' of Icons from an older edition of Calibre.
Here is that 'Trash' Icon
Attached Images

Last edited by theducks; 11-05-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: wrong Icon
Old 05-30-2018, 10:12 AM   #11
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You do it in the same place you created themPreferences: Add your own columns: Highlight the CUSTOM (the ones with the column Icon) column
Warning: The column contents will be GONE foever
Click the recycle icon
If you just want to HIDE the column, remove the tick
I don't have a "recycle" button; I do have a "discard" button. If I click on it after highlighting the column to delete, nothing happens.

Last edited by TWHanson1; 05-30-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post
I don't have a "recycle" button; I do have a "discard" button. If I click on it after highlighting the column to delete, nothing happens.
That was Old version info (look at the post date )

the button is now a red minus on the right side of Add your own columns
Old 06-01-2018, 07:08 AM   #13
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
Thanks theducks, that worked.
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post
Thanks theducks, that worked.
If in doubt on what a icon does : HOVER
Kovid provide excellent balloon help