Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #76
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Some Canada-only bargains which presumably should be available in most of our stores; linkage goes to Kobo, since there's a couponable one and also that's where I usually shop:

@ $2.99 each
  • #1-5 in C. J. Sansom's (SYKM, Wikipedia) multiple award-nominated Matthew Shardlake series of Tudor Renaissance historical mysteries with real history incorporated into them set during the reign of Henry VIII, out from Random House Canada's Vintage Canada imprint (not couponable). #1 was a holiday freebie last year when these first went on sale, and I really enjoyed this when I read this, and went and scooped up the entire discounted series during Boxing Week. But you don't have to take just my word for it, as the series has gotten high praise from other MR members in the Reading Recs forum's What are we reading? thread.
  • 4 mystery/suspense thrillers by South African writer Deon Meyer (SYKM, Wikipedia) including #2-3 in his Inspector Benny Griessel series set in Capetown (#2 is a 2011 Barry Award Winner for Best Thriller, according to SYKM) and 2 standalones set in South Africa, of which one was a 2012 International Dagger Award finalist, all out from Random House Canada's Vintage Canada imprint (not couponable)
  • #1-2 of Canadian author Scott Thornley's (SYKM) MacNiece series starring a homicide detective superintendent in an expy of Hamilton, Ontario, out from Random House Canada (not couponable)

@ $4.99 each
  • The Further Investigations of Joanne Kilbourn by Arthur Ellis Award-winner Gail Bowen (SYKM, Wikipedia), a 3-book omnibus edition of #4-6 in said Ellis Award-winning series starring the titular Saskatchewan-based political science professor, out from HarperCollins (not couponable). This was previously on sale for $9.99 during the Xmas holidays (seem to be regularly $20 CAD or so), but that didn't seem sufficiently compelling a pricedrop for me, so I'm glad I held out.
  • The Son by popular Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø (SYKM, Wikipedia), his recent standalone crime thriller which as it turns out, was the Christ figure parable I'd been suspecting it was. Frankly, I wasn't impressed by this one when I read it from the library last year and would personally consider ~$3 or below to be a more reasonable discount price to own it on sale if you're not a mega-fan, but it's $12 in the US, and YMMV, although IMHO, it's nowhere near as good as his Harry Hole books or his other standalone which I wish they'd put on sale instead, Headhunters (which has an excellent film adaptation, BTW). This edition is out from Random House Canada (not couponable).
  • The House That Jack Built by Danish author Jakob Melander, 1st in his translated Detective Inspector Lars Winkler series set in Copenhagen, out from Canadian independent press House of Anansi's Spiderline imprint (couponable @ Kobo) who publish the very popular Ava Lee forensic accountant mystery series. This is a very cheap price for a Spiderline book, especially after couponage, as they normally price their stuff at the $10 CAD mark. Geo-restricted to Canada (apparently the author doesn't have a US publisher yet), and I will be picking this one up myself shortly, as it is Relevant To My Interests™. ETA: if you happen to read Danish or be willing to fake it via Google Translate, the author has a cute faux interview he does with his main character as a bonus on his website.

A few of these might be expiring today, as they're part of the current Kobo Canada weekend promotion for "great books" for $4.99 or below (there's a similar sale in the Kobo US store, which has a bunch of 99 cent HarperCollins mystery bargains) which "Ends Monday" (some already expired, including some rather interesting-looking couponable non-fiction which I hope go on repeat during the next sale cycle).

Last edited by ATDrake; 02-02-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Misspelt author name probably makes it harder for them to self-google.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #77
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Twain Papers by Roger Riccard

Samuel Clemens, the most famous American author in London, and better known as Mark Twain, has had the notes for his memoirs mysteriously stolen from the illustrious Langham Hotel.
Clemens, an admirer of Sherlock Holmes, approaches the famous detective for assistance.
Holmes and Watson set out to track down the thief among a myriad of guests staying at the famous hotel.

Roger Riccard is also the author of `Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Poisoned Lilly'.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PB64EFA/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PB64EFA/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00PB64EFA/

The Key to the Case by Roger Ormerod

Richard Patton, an ex-Detective Inspector, has been around the block when it comes to seemingly unsolvable crimes.
So when a well-known crook, Ronnie Cope, asks him to help prove he is innocent of a burglary Richard sets aside his knowledge of Ronnie's dubious reputation and agrees to look into it.
He wants the facts, and he isn't afraid to dig them out. But the facts come almost too fast for Richard to keep up.

Roger Ormerod (1920-2005) was a prolific writer of ingenious and densely plotted crime novels-some 35 in all-which were published in the UK and the USA. He lived in Wolverhampton and amongst other things worked as a civil servant and as a Social Security inspector-backgrounds which he made full use of in his fiction, as he did with his hobbies of painting and photography.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QVTWR4G/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QVTWR4G/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00QVTWR4G/

Pick Up the Pieces by J F Straker

Andrew White, the proprietor of a country garage, is witness to a terrible crime.
He sees four of his mechanics - Pop Wells, Bert Wickery, Dave Chitty and Harry Forthright - run over a woman while they are on an unauthorized ride in a customer's car.
Thinking there had been no witnesses, the men fail to report the accident.
And White sees the perfect opportunity for blackmail.

J. F. Straker was the author of twenty-five novels, including `Death on a Sunday Morning' and `A Choice of Victims'.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RXG7D1I/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RXG7D1I/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00RXG7D1I/
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #78
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Killer Blizzard by Dan Jorgensen, a vintage meteorological disaster thriller originally out from Major Books in 1976.

It began as a light snowfall, nothing more ... Two convicts break out of prison, stealing a car. Up north, a young highway patrolman kisses his pregnant wife good-bye as he begins his day. The town of Hollysberg rouses in the morning and greets the day as the snow gently falls about it. None suspected how bad the storm would get; not how their lives would clash in a battle for survival!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #79
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Not free anymore. Only $1.50 though.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #80
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free on Amazon:

Death and Taxes by David Dodge

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...cm_cd_asin_lnk

The first novel from one of the greatest of mystery writers, the man who would later go on to write TO CATCH A THEIF.

Often compared to Dashiell Hammett, David Dodge's urbane writing style stands the test of time. His novels still show the hallmarks of being fresh, fast-paced and witty.

Whit Whitney is the last person you’d want to meet. The taxman is no one’s best friend. But in 1940’s San Francisco, there’s a price to pay for murder, romance, and heavy drinking, and the taxman turned detective is coming to collect.

Hilarious and twisty, Dodge’s first novel is among his best, and makes for a terrific introduction to one of last century’s greatest talents in mystery.
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #81
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Oops, just saw that AT Drake posted a separate thread for that last one...sorry.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #82
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

'Sokay by me .... I ran into this post first. So you win! ;p
Old 02-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #83
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Oops, just saw that AT Drake posted a separate thread for that last one...sorry.
Never apologise for posting a free book in the proper thread...
Old 02-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #84
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Twain Papers by Roger Riccard

Samuel Clemens, the most famous American author in London, and better known as Mark Twain, has had the notes for his memoirs mysteriously stolen from the illustrious Langham Hotel.
Clemens, an admirer of Sherlock Holmes, approaches the famous detective for assistance.
Holmes and Watson set out to track down the thief among a myriad of guests staying at the famous hotel.

Roger Riccard is also the author of `Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Poisoned Lilly'.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PB64EFA/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PB64EFA/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00PB64EFA/

The Key to the Case by Roger Ormerod

Richard Patton, an ex-Detective Inspector, has been around the block when it comes to seemingly unsolvable crimes.
So when a well-known crook, Ronnie Cope, asks him to help prove he is innocent of a burglary Richard sets aside his knowledge of Ronnie's dubious reputation and agrees to look into it.
He wants the facts, and he isn't afraid to dig them out. But the facts come almost too fast for Richard to keep up.

Roger Ormerod (1920-2005) was a prolific writer of ingenious and densely plotted crime novels-some 35 in all-which were published in the UK and the USA. He lived in Wolverhampton and amongst other things worked as a civil servant and as a Social Security inspector-backgrounds which he made full use of in his fiction, as he did with his hobbies of painting and photography.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QVTWR4G/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QVTWR4G/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00QVTWR4G/

Pick Up the Pieces by J F Straker

Andrew White, the proprietor of a country garage, is witness to a terrible crime.
He sees four of his mechanics - Pop Wells, Bert Wickery, Dave Chitty and Harry Forthright - run over a woman while they are on an unauthorized ride in a customer's car.
Thinking there had been no witnesses, the men fail to report the accident.
And White sees the perfect opportunity for blackmail.

J. F. Straker was the author of twenty-five novels, including `Death on a Sunday Morning' and `A Choice of Victims'.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RXG7D1I/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RXG7D1I/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00RXG7D1I/
Thanks Little.Egret ! I picked up all of these I read one of the Roger Ormerod books and I thought it was a good mystery. I got that one here also. Now I am looking forward to this one for free.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #85
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
mitford please continue to post them here - I don't look usually look at the single book thread entries that relate to ebooks.

I'm subscribed to this thread and (hopefully) expect to see the books that relate to the title of this thread actually in this thread.

Thanks everyone.

PS: on the rare occasion I'll start a single book thread, like I did with a Camilla Lackberg ebook just prior to Christmas. Reason being it was just before Christmas and may have been considered as a Christmas present.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 02-04-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added the PS
Old 02-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #86
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Killer Blizzard by Dan Jorgensen, a vintage meteorological disaster thriller originally out from Major Books in 1976.

It began as a light snowfall, nothing more ... Two convicts break out of prison, stealing a car. Up north, a young highway patrolman kisses his pregnant wife good-bye as he begins his day. The town of Hollysberg rouses in the morning and greets the day as the snow gently falls about it. None suspected how bad the storm would get; not how their lives would clash in a battle for survival!
Thanks ATDrake ! This book will come in handy this weekend.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #87
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
'Sokay by me .... I ran into this post first. So you win! ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Never apologise for posting a free book in the proper thread...
I just realized --- I haven't yet gotten the email for ATDrake's separate thread. I think "new thread" emails (where I've subscribed to the "forum itself" are generated at midnight, so I see them tomorrow. By then, many of the books are no longer free. Since I've already subscribed to this "Mystery" thread, I got the "new posting" notice right away. Therefore, I was able to actually *get* this free book, rather than missing it. So there are benefits to posting in a thread, as well as I'm sure other benefits to having ATDrake's separate new thread posting.

SO -- keep up the good work!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #88
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Fault Tree is a non-series title by Michaela Thompson on US Kindle Countdown at $0.99 for about 2 3/4 more days, before going up to $1.99. This was previously published many years ago in DTB under the name of Mickey Friedman.

link: http://www.amazon.com/Fault-Tree-Mic.../dp/B00GVE8C2C
Spoiler:
Quote:
HELLO, IT’S YOUR PAST CALLING…

“Placing blame” thinks Marina Robinson, “is my life’s work. And why?” There’s a lot in her past to account for—nightmares and terrors, crimes and betrayals that happened half a world away, ten years go. Now she’s an engineer with a great job. She’s a failure analyst, an investigator who figures out what causes accidents, and she’s working on her most fascinating case--the fatal crash of a roller coaster--when suddenly the phone rings. And her world tilts…

The elusive, unidentified caller can be only one person—Catherine, her beloved younger sister who supposedly died in a fire ten years ago. Once again—for the moment abandoning her case--Marina is inexorably drawn back to India, the country that seduced her so long ago in so many ways, where something unspeakable happened to a child, and where she herself participated in misdeeds so shocking she can’t forgive herself. She starts by tracking Catherine’s lost lover, Nagarajan, the irresistibly charismatic guru under whose spell Catherine fell those many years ago, a man so dangerous, so full of hubris he took his name from Indian snake gods, and who at times seemed more serpent than human. But who is also reportedly dead—a suicide in a jail cell.

Thus begins an odyssey of fear and danger--far from dead, Nagarajan seems to be everywhere, and so do his disciples (at least those who haven't gone mad from guilt). Nowhere, it seems, is Marina safe, nor is anyone who knows anything about the young victim of Nagarajan’s atrocities. Wherever she turns, the path seems strewn with fresh bodies. Just when the jig seems up, Marina calls on her skills as a failure analyst and Thompson pulls off a surprise ending that will leave you gasping.

Fault Tree is that rare novel that pulls us into the exotic experience of a stranger in a strange land, much like Ruth Prawer Jhabvala's Heat and Dust or Gregory David Roberts' Shantaram.

Who will like it: fans of intricate mysteries with an adventurous female protagonist, as well as readers who loved Heat and Dust, Shantaram, John Irving’s A Son of the Circus, Paul Scott’s The Raj Quartet, M.M. Kaye’s The Far Pavilions, even H.R.F. Keating’s Inspector Ghote mystery series and E.M. Forster’s Passage to India. And all Indian movies!

PRAISE FOR FAULT TREE:

“[Michaela Thompson] presents us with what is perhaps the off-beat thriller of the year, part mystery, part mysticism, difficult to categorize but easy to enjoy.” -SAN DIEGO UNION

“[Thompson] cleverly weaves threads of past and present into a cogent tale that speeds the reader through mystic India and home again in an adventure that both thrills and logically unveils an elusive mystery.” -LIBRARY JOURNAL

“Full of danger and breathless action . . . Very skillfully plotted. There are well-laid clues to reward the reader who is not swept away. Another cornerstone of [Thompson's] writing is carefully researched and vividly drawn settings. Her Indian cities and countrysides are as convincing as the Florida coast in Hurricane Season.” -SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS
Old 02-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #89
ATDrake
Wizzard

Free from the authors via KDP Select @ Amazon:

A Deal on a Handshake by Loretta Jackson (SYKM) & Vickie Britton (SYKM under the same entry, since it turns out they're sisters who seem to always co-write, at least for their mysteries), one of whom is a fellow MR member author, but I forget which one. This is the 1st in their High Country mystery series starring Wyoming sheriff Jeff McQuede, a collection of short stories originally out from Whiskey Creek Press in 2010.

In these seven mysteries Sheriff Jeff McQuede finds himself in the middle of a deal made on a handshake—where the result is murder. Set in the high county of modern-day Wyoming, the deal makers are speculators at an old-time mountain man rendezvous, traders vying over rare Native American pottery, or two family patriarchs pretending to bridge a lifetime of feuding. Throughout McQuede battles his arch-enemy Ruger, who he suspects runs a host of illegal activities, but generally manages to evade McQuede’s traps.

In each of these stories McQuede, putting his own life on the line, relentlessly seeks out the dangerous men who have broken trust.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #90
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The Last Of The Wise Lovers by Amnon Jackont, M. Weinstein (Translator) is FREE at Amazon today. Despite the title, Amazon classifies this as murder/suspense/political. Orig pubbed in Israel around 1991. GR 3.32

http://smile.amazon.com/Last-Wise-Lo...st+of+the+wise
Closed Thread