Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
Gallips
Gallips began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905)
Need help - Save to Disk template

Hi there,

First of all I apologize if a similar thread is already ongoing but I couldn't find it or if i posted this in the wrong place.

Secondly, I got an issue with calibre that i hadn't before. Besides my Library I normally also save my books in a different folder. I use the 'Save to Disk' tool to do it. Having that in mind and how I wanted the books to look like, i added the following template:

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:|| - }{title}

Always worked fine and when I added a standalone Calibre would automatically ignore the hyphen and the series details, which was what I wanted.

Recently I changed computers and now the hyphen keeps showing up. It's okay for a book that belongs to a series, but not for a standalone, which shows like "- title". Previous it would only be the "title". Ignores the series name but not hyphen.

Could anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong or if anything changed in Calibre? Any input will be appreciated.

I use the updated windows x64 version.

Thank You,
Gallips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Are you sure the template is correct on the new computer?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you had copied your configuration folder over, the templates would not be waiting for a typo or other grief
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:20 PM   #4
Gallips

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Are you sure the template is correct on the new computer?
It appear correct in the template editor.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
Gallips

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you had copied your configuration folder over, the templates would not be waiting for a typo or other grief
And I did copy it, it worked fine for a while, until Calibre deleted my library. Still don't know what happened there.
Good thing I had that second folder, but stupid me for not saving a copy of calibre's library.
Advert
Old 06-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre has never deleted a Library in all the years I have used it.

It has lost the LINKAGE (and other USER layer preferences) to alternate Libraries (names) and all I had to do was Switch/Create to reestablish the link (10-20 seconds of work)

Rogue A/V, User 'cleanup' (inc automated tools), drive failure and IGNORING the admonition to NOT have the ACTIVE (typically the ones in the Quick switch List) Library on a Network/cloud drive. Users have put the (actual) Library folder on the Desktop, then cleaned up
All these are USER /. system caused. NOT Calibre caused

I have TRASHED the Metadata doing BULK operations poorly
I have deleted BOOKS in error.

Even when you select 'Delete' on the Library icon menu, all it does is remove the LINK. It pops a message telling you to use the O/S if you really want it gone from your disk
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Gallips

As I've said, I has no idea what happened there.
But I'm note here to decide which was at fault, since it was probably me.
What I'm trying to figure out is if my template is wrong or not and, whatever situation, what can I do to fix it and/or make it work.
I only mentioned that the library was deleted because it might help find/understand my issue.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
And I am not trying to assign blame -- I am merely unable to see why the template as posted would have that misplaced "-" symbol.

Code:
The "-" is in the suffix for the series_index field, which means it will only be inserted in the filename if there is a series_index.
I therefore concluded that the only logical explanation is that there is a typo in the new computer's configuration, and the "-" ended up outside the field suffix.

Now, if you were sending to a device I might think it is possible the device driver is specifying an incorrect override filename save template. (Since it can be set in Preferences or in the device driver, and the device driver will always win.)
But Save-to-Disk doesn't get a device driver to override it with...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #9
Gallips

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And I am not trying to assign blame -- I am merely unable to see why the template as posted would have that misplaced "-" symbol.

Code:
The "-" is in the suffix for the series_index field, which means it will only be inserted in the filename if there is a series_index.
I therefore concluded that the only logical explanation is that there is a typo in the new computer's configuration, and the "-" ended up outside the field suffix.

Now, if you were sending to a device I might think it is possible the device driver is specifying an incorrect override filename save template. (Since it can be set in Preferences or in the device driver, and the device driver will always win.)
But Save-to-Disk doesn't get a device driver to override it with...
Hmmm... That is interesting.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Tags
calibre, save to disc, template