Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
jskrypek
jskrypek began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can I format my prs-600

I've just got a new PRS and the database seems to be corrupted. Can you format the whole thing and reload the firmware? The reader software is not reading the five books on the reader and it won't let me add any more. The problem occurred when loading the books on and it locked up.
jskrypek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskrypek View Post
I've just got a new PRS and the database seems to be corrupted. Can you format the whole thing and reload the firmware? The reader software is not reading the five books on the reader and it won't let me add any more. The problem occurred when loading the books on and it locked up.
Yes, there is an option in settings that will let you reformat the device(this wipes the device clean of any books, music, pictures etc.).

You can also do a hard reset:
1) unscrew the bottom portion of your stylus
2) use this to reset the device(reset button on bottom of device)
3) power on the device
4) when you see the opening book message, press and hold back page (<) button and volume up (+) button simultaneously until prompted to reformat the reader to it's original fresh out of the box state.

Last edited by tracyeo; 09-22-2010 at 03:13 PM.
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jskrypek
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
jskrypek
jskrypek began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
It actually reformatted itself. I got a message saying there was an error and it was going to do a format. Everything seems fine now.
jskrypek is offline   Reply With Quote