Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #106
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
2/ Anyone else? This is really strange
Yes, I have the same problem. With firmware 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 beta the problem with speaker did not appear. It started when I upgraded to 2.0.3 EURO.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #107
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Tested on PocketBook 903 with a slow SDHC card: Writes to the microSD slot can fail, and are not well handled.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #108
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
Tested on PocketBook 903 with a slow SDHC card: Writes to the microSD slot can fail, and are not well handled.
Yes, this is known. Please get at least a class 4 card
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #109
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

The problem is that a class 4 card doesn't guarantee proper operation. The class rating is only valid if you're writing entire eraseblocks at a time.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #110
0utis
Enthusiast
0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
I cannot remove the old TTS - removing packages doesn't work (firmware 2.0.3 EURO). When I try to open "removing packages" page, the green led blinks and nothing more happens.
I've got exactly the same here. I flashed the device with the 2.0.3 CIS firmware and could remove the packages. Then I decided to go back to the EURO firmware, just in case, and the package removal is not working once again. Oh well, it doesn't matter since I don't have nothing more to do there. Another person in a Spanish forum (http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com) has the same issue.
0utis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #111
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
A few minutes ago i installed 2.0.3 NA firmware. Now i can remove packages and install new TTS. So it appears to be a problem with the EURO and the CIS firmware.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #112
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith65 View Post
I have a Pocketbook 902 and really enjoy it. I have updated its firmware to 2.0.3 NA. However, there are 2 things that I am concerned about:

2/ After I leave the pocketbook on the table for about 5 minutes, when picking it up and turning it around as described above, I would hear the speakers "pop" whenever the LED flashes green light. This would disappear once I press any button.
I have the same device and firmware, and also get the same behaviour. Perhaps it has to do with the device waking up out of some sleep mode. I have wifi and bluetooth disabled.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #113
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
A few minutes ago i installed 2.0.3 NA firmware. Now i can remove packages and install new TTS. So it appears to be a problem with the EURO and the CIS firmware.
Yes, I try it, install was successfull. Set this language in setup menu, but menu "Voice" not appears in "fast menu".
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #114
KarlM
KarlM began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlM View Post
I have a new Pocketbook Pro 602. I cannot connect to my home wireless. I had this problem both before and after upgrading to the latest firmware (2.0.3 2010-12-14)

Even when i disable security on the wireless network the 602 will not connect.

It displays "Network error" and the "more details" reveals that the line
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
has the error
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

repeated 6 times

Any clues?
Can anyone help with this problem?
KarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #115
ivagiglie
ivagiglie began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603
Hi all, first post, great forum! (I've been lurking around for a while already before registering!)

Eventually I received yesterday my first ebook reader, it's a pocketbook 603 and I'm partially happy about it.
I chose the pocketbook for the "openness" but I've spent the whole day struggling to get an additional dictionary working, with no luck.

And given the device is a new model it's hard to find info/troubleshooting

I've downloaded several dictionaries taken from links in this forum, no one worked.
I've also downloaded some from
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/
and converted them using the official converter:
http://www.pocketbook.de/support/pocketbook-603/
but also here I had no luck.

Ok, time I describe the issue:
after I get the dictionaries I copy them to /system/dictionaries and they become available - I can select them in the dictionary application and in the integrated dictionary in fbreader.
I can see they're are *somehow* recognized by the fact that their entire long name is shown in the dictionary list (made also some experiments changing the proper field in the xdxf files before converting).
But whenever I open the dictionary from the fbreader, having selected a new dictionary I added, the device hangs for a moment and then jumps back to the home screen.
Something similar happens in the standalone dictionary application, I get the program to run (strangely it displays a different keyboard compared to the one shown when using the default dictionaries) but whenever I enter a key again small freeze and back to the home screen.

The very bad thing is, there's no way to get rid of this behavior without connecting the device to the pc and deleting the dictionary file.
And that's because I can't change the current selected dictionary, whenever I open the list, boom, back to the home screen.

Has anybody tried *successfully* additional dictionaries with the new pocketbook 603?
In case a link would be more than welcome!

Thanks in advance for your help.

ps my firmware is 2.0.4, the only one available for the device at the moment as far as I know
ivagiglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #116
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlM View Post
Can anyone help with this problem?
Yes, your router can't be found. Have you used SSID, found the router, entered your password and so on?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 AM   #117
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivagiglie View Post
Hi all, first post, great forum! (I've been lurking around for a while already before registering!)

Eventually I received yesterday my first ebook reader, it's a pocketbook 603 and I'm partially happy about it.
I chose the pocketbook for the "openness" but I've spent the whole day struggling to get an additional dictionary working, with no luck.

And given the device is a new model it's hard to find info/troubleshooting

I've downloaded several dictionaries taken from links in this forum, no one worked.
I've also downloaded some from
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/
and converted them using the official converter:
http://www.pocketbook.de/support/pocketbook-603/
but also here I had no luck.

Ok, time I describe the issue:
after I get the dictionaries I copy them to /system/dictionaries and they become available - I can select them in the dictionary application and in the integrated dictionary in fbreader.
I can see they're are *somehow* recognized by the fact that their entire long name is shown in the dictionary list (made also some experiments changing the proper field in the xdxf files before converting).
But whenever I open the dictionary from the fbreader, having selected a new dictionary I added, the device hangs for a moment and then jumps back to the home screen.
Something similar happens in the standalone dictionary application, I get the program to run (strangely it displays a different keyboard compared to the one shown when using the default dictionaries) but whenever I enter a key again small freeze and back to the home screen.

The very bad thing is, there's no way to get rid of this behavior without connecting the device to the pc and deleting the dictionary file.
And that's because I can't change the current selected dictionary, whenever I open the list, boom, back to the home screen.

Has anybody tried *successfully* additional dictionaries with the new pocketbook 603?
In case a link would be more than welcome!

Thanks in advance for your help.

ps my firmware is 2.0.4, the only one available for the device at the moment as far as I know
I have the same problem. I have tried to use a couple of dictionaries in spanish (ES-ES) in DIC format, get in a spanish forum, that are used by people of this forum in PB360. In PB603 become available when I put in sytem/dictionaires but don´t work, and back to me to the home screen.

Thanks (my firmware is 2.0.4 too)
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #118
chouy
chouy began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 701
HELP NEEDED

first question :
On my pocketbook IQ.
i ve been upgrading the firmware and since i can't reech my wifi it'es not in the list, i m shure it's on because i ve got others devices connected on it.

second question : how to i copy a file on the device from a sd ? where to deplace the file ?
chouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #119
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
chouy

Welcome to mobileread....

Someone who knows the answers for you will be along ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #120
LoneTech
Zealot

On PB903, firmware 2.0.4: Searching in PDF (the included english manual) returns no results at all in pdfviewer, and hangs after looking for more results in AdobeViewer. The particular search term was "micro".