Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Review forum?

I would love to have a forum section where people can post reviews of the ebooks they read. Fictionwise (where I buy all my ebooks except the internet freebies) has a rating system but not a comment or review option. I can get some info on big releases from Amazon, but there is no place to read reviews of the multiformat indie stuff, and a few times I have been burned by a really badly done book where I felt comments beyind FW's star ratings would be a help to others. I suggested a review area on the Fictionwise yahoo group and the moderator of that group was very strongly opposed. But I know, from the popularity of this feature at amazon.com, that others find these sorts of reviews from other customers to be helpful. Is there a place already on this forum where reviews are welcomed? Or would there be interest in setting up a sub-forum for ebook reviews? I don't mean plugs and promos, I mean just simple comment reviews from fellow customers about what they liked/didn't like about a given purchase.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I would love to have a forum section where people can post reviews of the ebooks they read. Fictionwise (where I buy all my ebooks except the internet freebies) has a rating system but not a comment or review option. I can get some info on big releases from Amazon, but there is no place to read reviews of the multiformat indie stuff, and a few times I have been burned by a really badly done book where I felt comments beyind FW's star ratings would be a help to others. I suggested a review area on the Fictionwise yahoo group and the moderator of that group was very strongly opposed. But I know, from the popularity of this feature at amazon.com, that others find these sorts of reviews from other customers to be helpful. Is there a place already on this forum where reviews are welcomed? Or would there be interest in setting up a sub-forum for ebook reviews? I don't mean plugs and promos, I mean just simple comment reviews from fellow customers about what they liked/didn't like about a given purchase.
We have a place in the wiki. It is much easier to find what you want instead of an aging forum. We also have a forum devoted to recommending books.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
There are plans on our desk for adding a virtual library to everyone's forum profile allowing for adding books and reviews that also others can comment on. The project will be started once we have worked through some other important items in our pipeline.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Alexander: do you mean this will be like a 'Library Thing' type of system where we can store a database of all our ebooks? That sounds amazing! I am using del.icio.us right now to keep track of mine, but it seems to not show all of them sometimes and that annoys me. Plus I would really like to be able to click on a title and see reviews from other people too. It sounds like your plan is a great one and I look forward to this feature. Meantime, I will check out the wiki, thanks for the tip.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
There are plans on our desk for adding a virtual library to everyone's forum profile allowing for adding books and reviews that also others can comment on. The project will be started once we have worked through some other important items in our pipeline.
THAT would be totally awsome! Can't wait to see that implemented!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
THAT would be totally awsome! Can't wait to see that implemented!
i concur !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote