Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
bearymore
Connoisseur
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Dictionary window shows every other page.

I haven't seen a report of this. I'm running the latest firmware (3.3.0) on my Aura HD. When the dictionary window pops up, it will only show odd numbered pages. For example, if the definition says page 1 of 4 at the bottom of the pop-up window, when I flip the page it goes to 3 of 4. If I flip again it goes back to page 1, skipping pages 2 and 4. If the definition says page 1 of 2, it will only show page 1. I need to show the definition in full screen mode to see the whole thing.

Are others having a similar problem, and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
indyglow
Connoisseur
indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Try just tapping on the dictionary popup screen rather than swiping your fingers to go to next dictionary page.

Last edited by indyglow; 06-07-2014 at 10:13 PM.
indyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
bearymore
Connoisseur
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyglow View Post
Try just tapping on the dictionary popup screen rather than swiping your fingers to go to next dictionary page.
Thanks, I tried that but it doesn't work. For example, I looked up the word "relativity" in a book I'm reading because I knew it would have several sub-definitions. The pop-up opened and noted I was on page 1 of 3. Tapping or double tapping did nothing. Swiping took me to page 3 of 3.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've never had this problem with the dictionary, but occasionally if there is some dirt blocking the IR sensors then a single long swipe gets interpreted as two short swipes, which could make it turn two pages at once. Cleaning the screen and edge of the bezel always fixes it for me.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
Thanks, I tried that but it doesn't work. For example, I looked up the word "relativity" in a book I'm reading because I knew it would have several sub-definitions. The pop-up opened and noted I was on page 1 of 3. Tapping or double tapping did nothing. Swiping took me to page 3 of 3.
Did you try swiping in the other direction?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I just tried this with my Aura HD, and I was able to tap to go to page 2 of the definition with no problem. I know that you've probably already tried this, but maybe a reboot could help?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #7
spruitje
spruitje doesn't litterspruitje doesn't litter

Device: kobos, kindles
I've seen this swiping behavior on Aura HD with firmware 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 and on Glo with 3.3.0 (3.3.1 not tested). I haven't seen this behavior with 3.4.1 on either Glo (as discussed in the developer's corner) or Aura HD (new test result).
spruitje is offline   Reply With Quote