Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It has been confirmed that a demo kindle was able to successfully register with amazon after "simple debricking". It appears that these kindle demo units contain a valid serial number at this time, but they still COULD be flagged as "lost or stolen" at some point in the future if amazon decides to change their policy regarding resale of demo kindles.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
mopar
mopar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I am curious WHY there are a bunch of demo kindles that recently entered the resale market...[/COLOR]
I know a bunch were sold wholesale when****** chain went out of business and all assets were liquidated.
mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
socaldude
socaldude began at the beginning.

Device: Amazin Kindle
TYVM for all of the incredible replies here - some here and some PMs

Friend is now trying to dump the original Kindle units - many of which are Demo units. I sense he won't have as much luck with those because from all I have seen those things are pretty much paper weights, right?
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #19
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A lot of demo kindles have been successfully "debricked" and registered now.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-21-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
d99
d99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
I have never seen any proof the Demo DX units can be made to do anything but the annoying demo. Those Demo DX Graphites, in good shape, can be purchased for $30. If they can be modified to be viable then something in that picture does not make sense...
d99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by d99 View Post
I have never seen any proof the Demo DX units can be made to do anything but the annoying demo. Those Demo DX Graphites, in good shape, can be purchased for $30. If they can be modified to be viable then something in that picture does not make sense...
If you will not take my word for it, then do you need to watch somebody do it in front of you as proof, or will the following post be enough proof for you?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2210861

And more details here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2218154

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-13-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
I'll take 10 or 20 of them at that price. Where?!
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #23
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I'll take 10 or 20 of them at that price. Where?!
Yeah, me too. The $99 DX demos on ebay are apparently garbage (and certainly are after shipping in a bubble-wrap envelope).

Where ARE these good ones, for so cheap?

I just bought the demo K4 and K5 that just closed moments ago on ebay, and I have bids on the other demo K5. I hope nobody here was bidding against me. Even they cost a lot more than $30 each.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #24
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Ah, so that was you! Sorry I've bumped a price up a little bit.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
d99
d99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Here is a large lot at $35 each or best offer. That includes delivery. A direct sale, (subtract out the flebay and paypal fees) and they are less than $30 per unit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-PCS-OF-K...7#ht_763wt_907
d99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #26
geekmaster

Quote:
Here is a large lot at $35 each or best offer. That includes delivery. A direct sale, (subtract out the flebay and paypal fees) and they are less than $30 per unit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-PCS-OF-K...7#ht_763wt_907
That is the same guy who sells units with screens with scuff marks (probably broken BEFORE shipping due to improper handling), and who ships them UNPROTECTED (from flexing) in a bubble-wrap envelope which guarantees a broken screen even if he sent one with a good screen. And he wants about $7,000USD for his lot. I would be very careful with that ebay item.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #27
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hmmm... and the other question is: even if they arrive in a working state - what on earth are you going to do with 200 Kindles?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #28
Shade1
Shade1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140853643415

24 kindles on this one. The bid is going higher and higher. Too bad...all I want is just one with a nice screen so I can fix it up and read comics on =p If they sold them in good condition $65 each...they would sell.
Shade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade1 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140853643415

24 kindles on this one. The bid is going higher and higher. Too bad...all I want is just one with a nice screen so I can fix it up and read comics on =p If they sold them in good condition $65 each...they would sell.
That is a different vendor (thankfully). I have those on my watch list. I was planning to snipe them at the last moment if not too high. I really only need one though, to replace my broken DXG display.

Bidding against each other does not seem fair to us though. We need to cooperate.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #30
craziskata
craziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with others

Device: DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That is a different vendor (thankfully). I have those on my watch list. I was planning to snipe them at the last moment if not too high. I really only need one though, to replace my broken DXG display.

Bidding against each other does not seem fair to us though. We need to cooperate.
I agree on the cooperation! You should be the designated bidder from MR and let us in on any extra working units
craziskata is offline   Reply With Quote