Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
NancyKitka
NancyKitka began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Save 10% when you download my book "It cost me an arm and a leg" before June 10

click here, enter the coupon code UB24Q to save 10% when you pay

At nineteen, I was a drug addict and alcoholic when I nearly died in a car bombing. My book is called “It cost me an arm and a leg”. I'll let you guess why.

It is the true story of how I found my way from a middle class upbringing into addiction, violence and crime. I got mixed up with motorcycle gangs, criminals and almost died more times than I can remember.

In 1987, at thirty years old, a culmination of events brought me to recovery. CA, NA, and AA meetings were my salvation those first few years clean. That is when I turned my life around.

I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 1994. Five years later, I was successfully treated for it but became acutely depressed while taking Rebetron. Under any other circumstances, I would have refused anti-depressants but this was different. The hepatitis is "cured" and I am still on Paxil.

For twenty four years, I have developed coping skills I never had the chance to learn because I started doing drugs so young. I grew up and took responsibility for my life, entered therapy whenever I felt stuck, got married, made new friends and learned to sing.

I am still married, have two dogs and live in suburbia. I struggle with health issues but life is good.

I did it and so can others. It isn't easy but it is possible.

Note: The names have been changed to protect me.
NancyKitka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
addiction, alcoholics anonymous, hepatitis c, recovery, schizophrenia