Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
KayakerNC
Enthusiast
KayakerNC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Klassic (K1), Kindle 3 wifi & 3G, and Sony Pocket
Kindle Fire and Facebook games

How does the Kindle Fire do with Facebook games like FarmVille, FronterVille, and Zynga Poker?
My wife is a Facebook fan (fanatic), and 'tis the season.
KayakerNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
How does the Kindle Fire do with Facebook games like FarmVille, FronterVille, and Zynga Poker?
My wife is a Facebook fan (fanatic), and 'tis the season.
I don't think it would run those. It uses Facebook mobile site. Which is great for regular Facebooking but for games you need at least a laptop. I have netbook and it just lags anytime I try to play those.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
SleepyMom
SleepyMom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
No, they don't work. You can change it to view the non-mobile version of Facebook, but the games still don't work. FarmVille will load and then freak out. The only other game I've tried is CastleVille and that won't load at all.
SleepyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
KayakerNC
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't think it would run those. It uses Facebook mobile site. Which is great for regular Facebooking but for games you need at least a laptop. I have netbook and it just lags anytime I try to play those.
Yes, Facebook evidently no longer plays well with netbooks or even Windows Vista. New laptops or desktops with Windows 7 seem to work fine, especially with Google Chrome.
Some sort of ongoing conspiracy to keep us upgrading.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
KayakerNC
Enthusiast

Blossom and SleepyMom.
Guess Santa will have to spring for fine jewelry this year.
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
let's hope those facebook games will create an android version
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
SleepyMom
SleepyMom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkenzy View Post
let's hope those facebook games will create an android version
I dunno .... the iPod app for Farmville doesn't work either.
SleepyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I just found that they put Zynga Poker up, but it looks like it has some problems with it. I bet Farmville and the others will come along soon, and hopefully they'll all be functional. Amazon must know that these are VITAL to millions of people for survival.

http://www.amazon.com/Zynga-Game-Net...dp/B0069F2RCE/
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
Yes, Facebook evidently no longer plays well with netbooks or even Windows Vista. New laptops or desktops with Windows 7 seem to work fine, especially with Google Chrome.
Some sort of ongoing conspiracy to keep us upgrading.
My hubby plays those games on his old laptop with Vista. He doesn't have any problems. I use Vista 64 on my desktop and I don't have any issues either.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote