Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
shinnosuke
shinnosuke began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360º
Where to buy 360º?

Do you know where's the best place to buy a Pocketbook?
I'm looking for low price and good support. I live in Barcelona.

shinnosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
nibble
nibble began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
I live in Madrid and got mine from pocketgoods.de a month ago. Shipping is free for orders over 100 EUR.

They sent my package through a German company (Hermes) that delegates their Spanish shipments to Seur (one of the worst in Spain). They didn't contact me for some days and I had to call asking for my parcel. Be careful so they don't return it to the sender!

I'm very happy with my 360. I recommend you to buy it.
nibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
There will be some distributors for Pocketbook in Spain shortly. Please hang on for a while for that. Firmware is available in Spanish already, thanks to Logseman.

Pocketgoods is really reliable and a good vendor, so don't hesitate to buy from him. Sorry to hear about the bad package service in Spain.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I just received a request for another distributor in Spain, I forwarded it to Forkosigan...Heh... Spain is very active market for PocketBook...)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I just received a request for another distributor in Spain, I forwarded it to Forkosigan...Heh... Spain is very active market for PocketBook...)
PB360 is a deal-breaker. The FB2 format is very used in Spain, for example, and the price point of €240 is very competitive.

BTW, shinnosuke, if you wish I can try and make a Catalan translation for the firmware. My knowledge of the language is limited, but you could proofread it when it's done. There is a thread around here about firmware translations, which I'd like seen as a sticky thread if the mod doesn't mind
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
shinnosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibble View Post
I live in Madrid and got mine from pocketgoods.de a month ago. Shipping is free for orders over 100 EUR.

They sent my package through a German company (Hermes) that delegates their Spanish shipments to Seur (one of the worst in Spain). They didn't contact me for some days and I had to call asking for my parcel. Be careful so they don't return it to the sender!

I'm very happy with my 360. I recommend you to buy it.
Thanks for your information! I already ordered it.

How long should I keep waiting for the parcel to arrive?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
shinnosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
PB360 is a deal-breaker. The FB2 format is very used in Spain, for example, and the price point of €240 is very competitive.

BTW, shinnosuke, if you wish I can try and make a Catalan translation for the firmware. My knowledge of the language is limited, but you could proofread it when it's done. There is a thread around here about firmware translations, which I'd like seen as a sticky thread if the mod doesn't mind
Thanks a translation would be great, and obviously I'm ready to help you. Don't know what has to be done, if it's just translating a file or else, but when I get the PB360 I'll have a look at that
Old 05-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
The company Hermes collaborates with in Denmark, wasn't so great either. I wasn't at home when they came the first time, but they don't leave any notice - they send a postcard. The web site isn't updated until the day after. Since that was a Friday, and that postcard wasn't sent until Monday, I wasn't quite sure what was going on until Tuesday when I could call and arrange for when to have them deliver it. In the end I didn't get it until Thursday.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnosuke View Post
Thanks a translation would be great, and obviously I'm ready to help you. Don't know what has to be done, if it's just translating a file or else, but when I get the PB360 I'll have a look at that
You don't have to wait till you have your Pocketbook

Here is how you do it, you just have to translate a file. I took 30 minutes to do it originally.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80616

Last edited by Logseman; 05-01-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
nibble
nibble began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Thanks for your information! I already ordered it.

How long should I keep waiting for the parcel to arrive?
I phoned Seur 7 days after Pocketgoods had sent the package. They told me they had tried to deliver it, but I think it's a bit odd that they didn't leave me a notification.

I don't know how long did they had it before my call. I think you will have to wait a week, at the latest.
nibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #11
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could someone tell me what this shipment status at Hermes means?

"Die Sendung ist an der zuständigen Hermes Niederlassung eingetroffen und wird für die Zustellung sortiert."

Google translates it to "The consignment arrived at the Hermes competent establishment that is sorted for delivery." which doesn't really make it any more clear to me.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #12
Logseman
Orisa

"The consignment has arrived at the Hermes subsidiary and is due to be sent."
The device is in your country ^^
Old 05-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
shinnosuke

Quote:
I phoned Seur 7 days after Pocketgoods had sent the package. They told me they had tried to deliver it, but I think it's a bit odd that they didn't leave me a notification.

I don't know how long did they had it before my call. I think you will have to wait a week, at the latest.
"Leider haben wir Sie nicht angetroffen", that's what Hermes says 7 days after the package was sent. Does this mean that they are trying to deliver the package themselves, or is Seur who is trying?
Old 05-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
That just means that someone tried to deliver the package. Doesn't say who tried.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
"Leider haben wir Sie nicht angetroffen", that's what Hermes says 7 days after the package was sent. Does this mean that they are trying to deliver the package themselves, or is Seur who is trying?
Do not be worry. The package is already in your town. If they do not succeed to deliver it I will contact Hermes in Germany and get international ID for your Parcel and also the contact phone of Hermes partner in your town. We have really a lot of customer in Spain, who received their orders without any problem.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote