Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Screen messes up in landscape

I never use landscape on the reader but I was playing around showing it of to a friend. I noticed that a .lrf file in landscape becomes unreadible more and more when switching pages. Text washes out and letters get split up. Even de statusbar washes out.

Are there more people with this problem?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I just had this happen to me with a very very complex PDF.

My status bar wasn't really washed out, it was actually covered in horizontal white lines.

Sam Krupa
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

The .lrf is just text, no images and the standard font so no embedded stuff. My statusbar turns from black to white and almost disappears.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Nobody else with this problem?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
Black fog on screen

Has anyone noticed a dark smudge on about the center one third of their reader display screen. It looks like a dark shadow. The screen stays light with good contrast around the edges but is shodowed in the center. It happens in landscape and protrait mode. It clears some on a page turn but gradually darkens again. Kinda like one or two percent of the pixles gradually turn black in that area. The edges of the smudge are not sharp but fade from the edge to darker in the center.

It is quite annoying as it looks like a shadow on the screen. If I you lay the reader down on a flat surface and do an unfocused stare at it it really shows up. Guess I had better start working with the sony support site.

Norm
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:04 AM   #6
jwu
jwu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
I never use landscape on the reader but I was playing around showing it of to a friend. I noticed that a .lrf file in landscape becomes unreadible more and more when switching pages. Text washes out and letters get split up. Even de statusbar washes out.

Are there more people with this problem?
I have the same problem you do with my reader.

When I go into landscape mode the reader starts to refresh pages funny. After each refresh, the previous page is still about 30% present and the new page is misaligned by a few lines down. this just started happenning after a couple of months after i got it.

It's annoying, i flashed the reader twice and it still didn't fix itself so i kinda just gave up on the landscape mode. Have u figured out a fix yet?
jwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwu
I have the same problem you do with my reader.

When I go into landscape mode the reader starts to refresh pages funny. After each refresh, the previous page is still about 30% present and the new page is misaligned by a few lines down. this just started happenning after a couple of months after i got it.

It's annoying, i flashed the reader twice and it still didn't fix itself so i kinda just gave up on the landscape mode. Have u figured out a fix yet?
I didn't find a fix and gave up. I tried many things but no go.