Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #16
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Here's a great story from the Amazon Forums today. This isn't the first post I've seen on how life changing the Kindle has been for some people. Way to go!
My sister has severe pain issues with her arms and hands. They're still trying to diagnose it. At first they thought it was tendinitis. Now they're saying maybe fibromyalgia. Whatever it is, it was making it hard for her to read which is one of her favorite things to do. Since she can't do much else right now, that was quite a loss to her. She loves her new Kindle. She can actually read comfortably now. I'm pretty able-bodied myself but even my hands get sore when I'm reading a larger book. I think I read longer at a sitting now.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
My sister has severe pain issues with her arms and hands. They're still trying to diagnose it. At first they thought it was tendinitis. Now they're saying maybe fibromyalgia. Whatever it is, it was making it hard for her to read which is one of her favorite things to do. Since she can't do much else right now, that was quite a loss to her. She loves her new Kindle. She can actually read comfortably now. I'm pretty able-bodied myself but even my hands get sore when I'm reading a larger book. I think I read longer at a sitting now.
That's great Alisa! BTW, lovin' the "Skindle".
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #18
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Anyone want to trade with me? I've got a fairly new Sony 505 and I'll throw in my complete collection of all the ebooks that are available from Sony (all twelve titles).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Anyone want to trade with me? I've got a fairly new Sony 505 and I'll throw in my complete collection of all the ebooks that are available from Sony (all twelve titles).
Awww poor little puppy. Wish I were rich, so I could get one for you. Maybe a letter to Santa (or Oprah) is in order.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #20
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I've had my Kindle for almost a year now...it'll be a year old next month. It is my most favorite reading device. I have never regretted purchasing it, although my credit card does due to all the books I've bought! I too can't wait to see Kindle 2.0!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

Thinking..............thinking..............thinki ng.......................

NOPE!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thinking..............thinking..............thinki ng.......................

NOPE!
But it's got 12 whole titles on it!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #23
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
But it's got 12 whole titles on it!
Do I sense a little antagonistic hostility???? Kinny would not approve!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #24
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Do I sense a little antagonistic hostility???? Kinny would not approve!

JJ
Talk to the puppy!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #25
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I ordered mine in the first few hours it was available. The first one stopped working in January and was replaced by Amazon in February. I love the darn thing as much as one can love an inanimate object (not including spouses )
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #26
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I ordered mine in the first few hours it was available. The first one stopped working in January and was replaced by Amazon in February. I love the darn thing as much as one can love an inanimate object (not including spouses )
Since you (and Nate) were some of the first buyers, today's news may be familiar. There is now an 11 to 13 week wait for Kindle delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle delay.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	18284  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Mine was ordered on 23 Nov 07 and arrived about a week before Christmas. Had to wait until then to play with it, though. I sorta knew that my wife had ordered one, so I was getting freaked out with the delays they were reporting back then.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #28
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Craziness! The prices for the Kindle on eBay are climbing. I just read a report of one selling for $660. I found one BIN of $649.95!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #29
Kosmicki
Kosmicki began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Craziness! The prices for the Kindle on eBay are climbing. I just read a report of one selling for $660. I found one BIN of $649.95!
Seeing as if you ordered one now, it won't arrive until March according to the current Availability. There might be some serious prices going around for Christmas. I ordered a Kindle on the 15th and Amazon says I won't get it until after the 25th of December, up from an initial arrival date of the 4th. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
Kosmicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #30
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I actually thought of selling my Kindle on e-Bay last year for about $800, which was the going price then, and then getting an iLiad. Decided I really wanted the Whispernet, though.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote