Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
AU: PRS650 $225

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/32604

From A&R. Not sure whether it's available only online or instore, but I might just have to go and look. While I have been very happy with my 300, this may just be too good to pass up...

PS: The benefit of buying locally is not just a local service centre but also statutory warranty, which I believe is stronger in AU than US.

PPS: ok, I went to A&R (Hobart) and they weren't on sale there, so it's online only, which adds a little with shipping. The voucher (promo code: AR-25OFF-111010) is valid for the sony and accessories (tested case and adaptor), and pbooks but not ebooks.

Last edited by jehane; 10-13-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added PS
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
EEEEEP!!!

I blanked out. When I came to, my browser was displaying an Angus & Robertson 'confirmation of purchase'.

I hope the lighted covers are good!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Any Aussie who's been dithering on whether to get a new Sony Reader, DO EEET. This is the best deal I've seen for some time, and probably won't be repeated any time soon. The 350 is around $173 ex shipping too.

To be honest, I'm really surprised that A&R's allowing these codes for these ereaders. I would've thought that electronic gadgetry is usually exempted from these discount codes, but lucky us, I suppose.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
EEEEEP!!!

I blanked out. When I came to, my browser was displaying an Angus & Robertson 'confirmation of purchase'.

I hope the lighted covers are good!
Yikes! Must be something on their site.. I just received a confirmation email..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #5
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Yikes! Must be something on their site.. I just received a confirmation email..
Subliminal, I guess. Glad it's not just me... Congrats on your ... ummm... blackout...
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #6
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Subliminal, I guess. Glad it's not just me... Congrats on your ... ummm... blackout...
Aaargh your mind control worked on me as well. Now what am I going to do with my trusty 505 now the 650 is on its way
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I've been reading on other forums that the code no longer works, though I'm not sure if it's because the code naturally expired or if A&R suddenly realised they had been selling discounted ereaders. Has anybody had shipping confirmation yet, just out of curiosity?
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Aaargh your mind control worked on me as well. Now what am I going to do with my trusty 505 now the 650 is on its way
Send your 505 to me and I'll give it a good home.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There was a glitch on Borders website where they had the PRS-600 on sale for $100. It was a mistake and all the orders were canceled. So unless you have a tracking number, the order can be canceled.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #10
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Pick me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Send your 505 to me and I'll give it a good home.
You already have one, besides its closer to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There was a glitch on Borders website where they had the PRS-600 on sale for $100. It was a mistake and all the orders were canceled. So unless you have a tracking number, the order can be canceled.

waaaaaaaaah. Good luck those who ordered one!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the discount was fair and matches the price of the unit in US dollars...

That also ensures the money stays in Australia... People who got one, will show it to their friends, and the ball is rolling... I'm hopeful..
Old 10-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #12
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
It looks like we are going to get our bargain Sony readers as I got this email from Angus & Robertson today

"This is an automated email to notify you that the following item(s) that you recently ordered from us have been dispatched

Title: Touch Edition Reader 6 Inch - Black (4905524700893)"

Very happy chappy
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:59 AM   #13
nomesque

Quote:
It looks like we are going to get our bargain Sony readers as I got this email from Angus & Robertson today

"This is an automated email to notify you that the following item(s) that you recently ordered from us have been dispatched

Title: Touch Edition Reader 6 Inch - Black (4905524700893)"

Very happy chappy
Me too (except the chappy bit) ... although I want my COVER too! *sniff* I can't use it without a cover, even my watches have to be shock-proof and guarded!!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #14
lene1949
Wizard

My unit has been shipped!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #15
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
if the code still worked I'd get one straightaway.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote