Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 03:40 AM   #1
FatGuy
Groupie
FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 3
Donating: How To Make A Donation To MobileRead?

I've been a member on this site for a while now.

As a way of me appreciating this site I just wanted to know how I can make a donation?

Is it possible for me to donate via PayPal?

Thank you
FatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 02:25 AM   #2
FatGuy
Groupie
FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 3
No update on this?
FatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGuy View Post

As a way of me appreciating this site I just wanted to know how I can make a donation?

Thank you
Quote:
No update on this?
No, there is no update. Mobileread is ad-supported. It may have affiliate links, but I haven't seen anywhere a disclaimer about it - so it is possible that there is not even that. When you register an account, you will have less ads. I personally haven't seen a single ad in years, even on browsers that don't have an adblock activated. I heard rumors (cannot confirm, and don't want to investigate by logging out) that unregistered viewers of MR get a lot of ads, even mixed in between some posts.

I believe the best way to support MR is by creating popular content. As much traffic as MR gets from members, the amount of visitors without account generates enough revenue from ads. Just be thankful that you can enjoy a nice community without many (or any) ads to distract you from content.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:43 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Instead of logging out, you could try opening a new private window and opening the MobileRead site from there.

And yes, there are a lot of ads that show up.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:39 PM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Instead of logging out, you could try opening a new private window and opening the MobileRead site from there.

And yes, there are a lot of ads that show up.
Oh, wow. Remind me not to do that again. I got sick after the homepage. The rumor is confirmed satisfactorily for me. My theory stands, MR does not need anything other than ad revenue to stay alive.

Who is the weirdo now? Us that engage, or them that need their fix of information and are willing to endure an onslaught of ads?
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 10:26 PM   #6
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I heard rumors (cannot confirm, and don't want to investigate by logging out) that unregistered viewers of MR get a lot of ads, even mixed in between some posts.
Nope, not just a rumor. Fact. I asked a similar question a while ago...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...71#post4284971
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 04:36 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Mobileread is ad-supported. It may have affiliate links, but I haven't seen anywhere a disclaimer about it - so it is possible that there is not even that.
The Amazon links in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26 appear to be some kind of affiliate link. I don't mind that.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:56 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Mobileread is ad-supported. It may have affiliate links, but I haven't seen anywhere a disclaimer about it - so it is possible that there is not even that.
2nd paragraph of the Third-Party Advertisements section of the Privacy FAQ.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fa...vacy_statement

EDIT: Whoops. Corrected to indicate the Privacy FAQ rather than About Us.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-04-2023 at 08:29 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:25 AM   #9
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
2nd paragraph of the Third-Party Advertisements section of the Privacy FAQ.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fa...vacy_statement

EDIT: Whoops. Corrected to indicate the Privacy FAQ rather than About Us.
I see. Thank you for pointing that out. I am used to seeing at the top or bottom of each page that has affiliate links to point that out. I admit that I am guilty of not reading just anything, only what interests me. I like the cleaner look of hiding the affiliate links away.

What I wouldn't mind is for all Amazon links we post to automatically convert to MR affiliate links - if the forum software allows that to be coded in.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:13 PM   #10
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
With all the business we throw to Amazon and Kobo, I would have expected more ads from these two companies. However, the funniest ads I've seen were one for dental implants, and another for feeding already overweight people. AdChoices seems to do a lot of the ad placements. Remember to click through the ads to give Mobileread a few pennies.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:00 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Content deleted

Last edited by DNSB; 05-04-2023 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:10 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^

The post you quoted is spam and has been Reported. An Active Moderator will no doubt deal with it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:11 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:15 PM   #14
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Note to self: remember to look at markup for fishy looking posts.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:19 PM   #15
skunkworks
skunkworks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:

Thank you
You can donate within Calibre. See attached image. Click on the heart icon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 05-04-23 at 09.16 AM.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	201393  
skunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote