Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-08-2020, 06:08 AM   #1
KayDav
KayDav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Boox Note Air 2
Hi!

Hi all
I joined a couple of days ago and have been having a look around. Lots here! It's good to find a community of ebook enthusiasts. I still rate my Kindle Keyboard as one of the best gifts I ever received

I'm an artist and working on writing an image-heavy art book. I use a vector graphics program (Xara Designer Pro) to design my images, and it's pretty good at laying things out for print and producing a PDF version. I'd also like to make an ebook version, which is where things have been getting complicated.

I'm at the stage of trying different approaches out on a small test document to see which gets closest to the visual results I am looking for. So far I'm using Calibre for format conversions and Sigil for editing and/or making from scratch. I'm relearning HTML/CSS and finding out what code is supported and what ignored by the actual Kindle device. Like % widths. Would there be a handy reference somewhere here? (I am searching, I will keep searching!)

KayDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome to MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDav View Post
I'm relearning HTML/CSS and finding out what code is supported and what ignored by the actual Kindle device. Like % widths. Would there be a handy reference somewhere here?
I beleive there's documentation on the kdp web site. But the best place to ask would be in the Workshop forum.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
KayDav
KayDav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Boox Note Air 2
Thank you! I will have a look at the KDP site and see if I can find it.
KayDav is offline   Reply With Quote