Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-07-2020, 04:26 AM   #1
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
no space on storage card

Looks like CC(including current playstore version) has strange bug.
I have device with 16 Gb internal memory and only 3 Gb internal memory free.
This device have 64 Gb microsd card (and most of it - free).
CC told to use folder on microsd.
My library to be synced is 11 Gb (some of books are large PDFs)
I cleared microsd card.
When I started sync again - I got message about space on storage card from calibre and list of files.
Syncing in large groups when size of each group is <3 Gb - works ok. If group is large than 3 Gb - it's not ok
Why does free internal memory space ever matter for CC/Calibre Wireless Driver?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:49 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
that does seem like a bug - maybe its using internal memory as temporary working space ?

do you happen to know if the old versions ( from previous developer) worked in that scenario
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:51 AM   #3
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
that does seem like a bug - maybe its using internal memory as temporary working space ?
I thought about that but why keep temporary space more than necessary for current book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
do you happen to know if the old versions ( from previous developer) worked in that scenario
No, I don't
Old 06-07-2020, 04:58 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i suggest to try getting log files to the developers, or post them here. maybe they will provide a clue as to what is happening
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The wireless device drive in Calibre was recently changed to honor the free space reported by the device instead of sending books that the device must throw into the bit bucket.

I suspect that CC is reporting the amount of space in main memory instead of reporting the amount of space where the books are stored. The new dev needs to fix that, either by reporting a the correct value or by reporting a large number and dealing with the consequences.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:03 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Formatted as portable?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:06 AM   #7
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Formatted as portable?
Formatted as external card using on-device interface. It doesn't have any options. It's not possible to use adopted storage (='make part of main storage') on this one.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Formatted as external card using on-device interface. It doesn't have any options. It's not possible to use adopted storage (='make part of main storage') on this one.
Which device is it?
I have never found one where something like this could not be realized - my extreme was that I inserted an unpartitioned SD.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:35 AM   #9
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Which device is it?
I have never found one where something like this could not be realized - my extreme was that I inserted an unpartitioned SD.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2.

p.s.
Either we speak about different things or you never used Samsung devices.
All my samsung tablets and phones doesn't support adoptable storage in UI (some support via adb hacks, others doesn't support at all. I tried to found a way).
Old 06-09-2020, 02:55 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Either we speak about different things or you never used Samsung devices.
Yes, I've always avoided Samsung devices.
And now there is an additional reason for this.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #11
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The wireless device drive in Calibre was recently changed to honor the free space reported by the device instead of sending books that the device must throw into the bit bucket.

I suspect that CC is reporting the amount of space in main memory instead of reporting the amount of space where the books are stored. The new dev needs to fix that, either by reporting a the correct value or by reporting a large number and dealing with the consequences.
Thanks Charles for the tip.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #12
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Looks like CC(including current playstore version) has strange bug.
I have device with 16 Gb internal memory and only 3 Gb internal memory free.
CC told to use folder on microsd.
My library to be synced is 11 Gb (some of books are large PDFs)
I cleared microsd card.
When I started sync again - I got message about space on storage card from calibre and list of files.
Syncing in large groups when size of each group is <3 Gb - works ok. If group is large than 3 Gb - it's not ok
Why does free internal memory space ever matter for CC/Calibre Wireless Driver?
Hey,

Charles already gave us a good direction to follow, but could you send us a debug log?

Please reproduce the bug and then go to settings to send the debug log.

Please confirm that you send it to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

Thank you,
Alex
Old 06-10-2020, 12:59 AM   #13
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey,

Charles already gave us a good direction to follow, but could you send us a debug log?

Please reproduce the bug and then go to settings to send the debug log.

Please confirm that you send it to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.
Reproduced.
I deleted largest PDFs via Calibre's interface and tried to re-send them (in same session) one and got same error from calibre. CC's log sent.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #14
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Reproduced.
I deleted largest PDFs via Calibre's interface and tried to re-send them (in same session) one and got same error from calibre. CC's log sent.
Thank you.

Looking into this.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:12 PM   #15
PMrev
Groupie

Having Problem Re-Producing

I am having a hard time getting enough books to reproduce this issue.

Any tips to get enough GBs to add to a cloud library that my dev team can access?