Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
fjf
fjf began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Problem with epub output in Cybook Gen3

Using the new firmware 2.0, converting files from rtf (that are apparently well and open in openoffice or word perfectly) to epub (files that are less than 500 Kb, about 275-325 pages in the epub output). The Cybook works well until somewhere in the middle of the ebook, and then reboots when I get to certain page and try to change page to the next one. Sometimes I can avoid it by jumping to a page beyond that "rebooting border". Sometimes I cannot, and converting the file again I can jump beyond that page. But the rebooting limit usually stays. Anyone found a problem like this one?. Any possible solution?.

Thanks.
fjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Did you email Bookeen with one of those files? If they can repeat it, they'll probably fix it, even if they don't bother to answer. It's in ePub after all, not some HTML or TXT they list as supported formats.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjf View Post
Anyone found a problem like this one?
I've had it happen a few times on my Gen3 reading Mobi books with the new 1.5 software...so it's not limited to ePub.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #4
fjf
fjf began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
It is annoying to the point where I'm going to have to use the mobipocket firmware.
fjf is offline   Reply With Quote