Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
maninlek
maninlek began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Red face Downloading v.1.4 firmware from new Cybook to older one

Hi,
i just been checking the new Cybook from my brother, very friendly & nice, running in version 1.4 (build 923), with new performances.

I have an older one, version 1.2 (build 834) and I've been a little envious from the new device firmware.

I've understood from some older threads that there is not available download on the web from Bookeen so, I was just wondering to do by myself some trials between both units I have in front of me.

I've tried with the usual copy/paste, some other minor changes and even formatting the old one, but it always remains in the old version.

Do anyone knows if there is any (simple) procedure to upgrade that?

thanks in advance
manin
maninlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninlek View Post
Hi,
i just been checking the new Cybook from my brother, very friendly & nice, running in version 1.4 (build 923), with new performances.

I have an older one, version 1.2 (build 834) and I've been a little envious from the new device firmware.

I've understood from some older threads that there is not available download on the web from Bookeen so, I was just wondering to do by myself some trials between both units I have in front of me.

I've tried with the usual copy/paste, some other minor changes and even formatting the old one, but it always remains in the old version.

Do anyone knows if there is any (simple) procedure to upgrade that?

thanks in advance
manin
I'm afraid firmware won't change much in term of performance. There are different version of gen 3, and your brother have one with more ram and proc than than yours.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
magiske
magiske began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen 3
Quote:
Hi,

manin
The Firmware is flashed to the flash"rom". The only way to copy that, is to dump the chip and then write the dumped chip image to your Gen3.
You might also need to patch it few places for serial 3, ect.

So not impossible, but not easy.

But why do that, when the new fw will be out out any time soon.(* COUGH *)

/M
magiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
maninlek
maninlek began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
thanks /M for the clear answer.

So I will keep my cybook untouched, as making hardware trials never was on my mind.

hope the next time I crash the screen, Bookeen will upgrade the fw, as waiting other thing seems unreallistic...

Last edited by maninlek; 12-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.
maninlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
thanks /M for the clear answer.

So I will keep my cybook untouched, as making hardware trials never was on my mind.

hope the next time I crash the screen, Bookeen will upgrade the fw, as waiting other thing seems unreallistic...
You do know the new firmware v1.5 (Mobi) amd v2.0 (ePub) has been released right?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
You do know it wasn´t when he wrote this?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
You do know it wasn´t when he wrote this?
Yes, I know. Just a friendly reminder just in case he lost all hope and was grovelling in despair due to the long wait...
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote