Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
What was that book?

Recently I remembered a book I had read many years ago.

I have no idea what sparked the memory off (I think I was in the shower at the time) and I have little recall of what the book was about, what it was called or who it was by. In fact, the only thing I do remember about it was something about a boy going into a house where there was a motorbike in the Living Room (possibly being repaired). There was also something about a Cuthroat Razor which if ever opened would require blood before it would close (I think it was pearl handled!) Normally, the owner would shave with it, clean it and then cut himself before closing. When next opened there would be no trace of the blood.

I think that this was a horror.

With my very vague description of a small part of the book, is anybody able to identify what it is?
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I can't help with that particular book, but I can point you to a site that might be able to help:
Name that Book

Description: Is there a book you once read and now cannot remember the name of? This group is here to help you find it.
You can find it at http://www.librarything.com/groups/namethatbook
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks, I'll check it out
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Was it Kendo and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote