Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2024, 02:46 PM   #1
sorin61
sorin61 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Kobo Touch 2.0 semi-bricked

Hello, everybody.
I have a Kobo Touch 2.0, which I rarely used (main e-reader is a Kindle). Today I started it and in a moment of supidity I allowed it to update to 4.38.
Updated succesfully, but after that there are no networks detected. I even started a hotspot on the phone, but even that was not detected. Before the update, networking was working (update was over wifi).
I did the second stupid thing and reset it to factory settings.
Now it has to be set up. But there are no networks detected. So I tried the other option - installed Kobo Reader app on Windows.
Surprise. It will not log in to the server, it gives an error message.
So I have an e-reader that starts but can't be set up.
Is there any custom firmware that I can install? Or is there any solution to my issue?
(I will try logging in again tomorrow, but something tells me it's not going to happen).
sorin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:40 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You could try using WiFi at a different location.

As for using the Kobo Desktop App, the login error would suggest that you are not using the correct username/password. It should be the same one you use for that email on Kobo's website.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2024, 04:26 PM   #3
sorin61
sorin61 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
@DNSB It seems that Rakuten forgot that I have an account. So I created a new account with the old email and it worked. I also managed to un-brick the Kobo now. But the wifi issue still persists. The thing is, it does not show ANY wifi network, not only mine. As I said, I even created a hotspot, and that also was not seen.
At least I can sideload books now via Calibre (or directly).
sorin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 05:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin61 View Post
@DNSB It seems that Rakuten forgot that I have an account. So I created a new account with the old email and it worked. I also managed to un-brick the Kobo now. But the wifi issue still persists. The thing is, it does not show ANY wifi network, not only mine. As I said, I even created a hotspot, and that also was not seen.
At least I can sideload books now via Calibre (or directly).
If your router supports it, try creating a guest network with 24Ghz and one with 5GHz and see if you can connect to either of them. Use really simple IDs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote