Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
slano
slano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Libra 2, possible to sync Pocket on SideLoadedMode?

Hi,

I tried searching for this but was not able to find a solution. I enabled sideaload mode on my new Kobe Libra 2 using SideLoadedMode=true in config file as I don't need Kobo shop integration, but I would like to use Pocket sync functionality. However it seems it's not possible to login to Pocket without being logged in with Kobo account. I can login with Kobo account, login to Pocket, and remove the Kobo account, but the device factory resets when Kobo account is removed..

Is there any solution/workaround available to get Pocket sync working on Sidealoded Kobo libra 2?
slano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 10:38 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slano View Post
Hi,

I tried searching for this but was not able to find a solution. I enabled sideaload mode on my new Kobe Libra 2 using SideLoadedMode=true in config file as I don't need Kobo shop integration, but I would like to use Pocket sync functionality. However it seems it's not possible to login to Pocket without being logged in with Kobo account. I can login with Kobo account, login to Pocket, and remove the Kobo account, but the device factory resets when Kobo account is removed..

Is there any solution/workaround available to get Pocket sync working on Sidealoded Kobo libra 2?
The solution is to do a proper registration.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2024, 12:05 AM   #3
boomboxnation
boomboxnation began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra h2o
Sorry, no solution here either. I tried Parental Mode, but that removes Pocket access too.

The store functionally disappears from Home if you never use the store. I think Overdrive 'bugs' me instead. And I'm not even sure what Home is for...I stay in My Books/Collections/Pocket if I am not reading, and even that is brief.
boomboxnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:19 AM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I'm not mistaken, sideload mode removes all account connections, not just the Kobo account integration, so you also lose Adobe and Pocket account access. Syncing is only used for firmware updates, so you can't have Pocket if you use sideload mode.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:20 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
If I'm not mistaken, sideload mode removes all account connections, not just the Kobo account integration, so you also lose Adobe and Pocket account access. Syncing is only used for firmware updates, so you can't have Pocket if you use sideload mode.
Just to make sure, we are including dictionary downloads as part of firmware updates?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2024, 08:00 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Just to make sure, we are including dictionary downloads as part of firmware updates?
I don't know about epub ereader dictionaries, but updates to Notebook SW and conversion dictionaries work in SideloadedMode=true.

I have a working Kobo account and also Kobos that 'registered' fine using a fake email. There is not the privacy issues of Android, Amazon or even Apple with a real email address to register a Kobo. I use SideloadedMode = true because I prefer the GUI and I manage any Kobo bought ebooks with calibre and have no interest in sync to other ereaders/apps or store.

Also I find copy / paste of web page(s) into LO Writer and conversion to epub via calibre (via extra Save As in Docx) far better than Mozilla's creepy Pocket service which might have worse privacy than Kobo and doesn't work well with all sites.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:24 PM   #7
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Ah yes, dictionary downloads also work. I forgot about that.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote