Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2024, 09:36 AM   #1
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
Books Disappeared from My Kobo Aura H2O

Last night I was reading a book, then my ereader froze (this happens occasionally, usually its fine, sometimes it just doesn't track my reading progress for that book). I held the power button down for 10 seconds to turn it off, when I turned it back on, all the books I had sideloaded since November were just gone. It still shows them there when I plug it into the computer and use file explorer to look at the files, but it doesn't show them in the ereader. Which is weird.

Calibre won't recognize my device either. It had that problem in November, but I turned on wifi so my ereader would update, and that seemed to solve the problem then, as Calibre recognized it again. However, that did not fix the problem this morning. I had it check for updates, and tried the repair account option. It downloaded my new books I had recently purchased, but didn't fix the issue with anything I had sideloaded. Since mostly I sideload books this is a problem.
Gadget_girl is offline   Reply With Quote