Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Oasis question

Is the rotation able to be locked? I do a lot of reading lying down and tilt my reader up so that an auto-rotate would put it in landscape mode but I want it to remain in portrait.

Even better if I could lock to portrait mode but still allow "flipping" from right hand to left with 180 degree rotation (but not 90 degree).

Also, with the NEW Oasis (warm color enabled)...is it still micro USB A? Or have they finally gone to USB C?

I have a 1st gen Voyage right now. It works fine but I've been hankering for warm light. Also the "smile" fell out of the back of my Voyage which irritates me. It leaves a deep indent there which I can't help but run my fingers over as I read. It's distracting.
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It can't be locked, but the device has to be physically rotated well over 90 degrees before the screen rotates. Also, if the device is in portrait mode, it will only rotate 180 to the other portrait orientation.

You have to manually change to landscape for it to rotate to that orientation. Once in landscape, it will auto-rotate to the other landscape side.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
It can't be locked, but the device has to be physically rotated well over 90 degrees before the screen rotates. Also, if the device is in portrait mode, it will only rotate 180 to the other portrait orientation.

You have to manually change to landscape for it to rotate to that orientation. Once in landscape, it will auto-rotate to the other landscape side.
Perfect t!
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote