Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Replacement pen for M96

Any recommendations?
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I wanted something that I could clip to the case. It turns out that the small stylus fits perfectly inside the Zebra mechanical pencil case. Problem solved.
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I got my replacement pen from Booxtor (http://ereader-store.de/en/8-accessoires) but a lot of other pens (e.g. from the Jetbook Color) work, too.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
Has anybody tried the jetbook color stylus with the m96. The tip of the stylus has sunk in and i'm in need of a new one.
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I haven't tried the Jetbook Color stylus specifically, but that device is made by Hanvon, which uses the same electromagnetic screen tech as Onyx and Pocketbook. So I am 99% sure the stylus will work.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #6
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Today I got this, I bought in aliexpress, and it works perfectly.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hanvo...281715317.html

Only 10 euros instead of 24 of ereaderstore

Last edited by kreti; 05-30-2015 at 06:13 AM.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
I purchased the Jetbook color stylus for my M96. I've been using it for a few hours and prefer it to the one provided with my Arta-Tech M96. While it's exactly the same diameter, there's something about the weight distribution (probably due to the wider end of the stylus, to enable storage in the Jetbook) that makes it feel more like a pen or pencil. It's still not perfect, however, and I'd love to get my hands on the e-reader store stylus if I could find a way to ship it to the US without paying over 20€ for shipping.
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:56 AM   #8
Wong McGregor
Connoisseur
Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I'd just like to confirm kreti's post. They work with the Onyx Boox M92 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
Today I got this, I bought in aliexpress, and it works perfectly.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hanvo...281715317.html

Only 10 euros instead of 24 of ereaderstore
Wong McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #9
epj
epj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi all,

I wanted to get a stylus -- any one -- for my boox M92, and they are out of stock at the Onyx site. The staff there just says "yep, they're out of stock," but apparently don't know where I can find one.

Does anyone know of places?

Thanks a lot!
epj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #10
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Jetbook stylus should work. It works for me on the M96. I got four recently from ectaco.ca:

http://www.ectaco.ca/products/JBC-stylus/

Price is $7.50 each. This is the standard small pen size, not the larger one with the eraser and clip.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:37 PM   #11
ryancamp
ryancamp began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96, Sony PRS-950
Yes, I too can confirm that the stylus for the Jetbook Color by Ectaco works with the M96*. I got one last week from the US website at
www.ectaco.com/JBC-stylus/
It cost me 20 USD total including shipping and arrived in 2 days.

And I must say, it works even better than the original that came with my device (from Arta Tech). Specifically, it:
  1. has a softer touch (i.e., more give in the nib)
  2. provides more reliable taps (I find I don't have to double tap as often)
  3. feels less abrasive on the screen (I was always checking the tip of the original stylus for edges because when swiping, it often felt like I was scratching the screen)
  4. is easier to see/find when you set it down (the original stylus was easy to loose on the couch since it was all black, but the Ectaco version us half silver so easier to see in the shadows)
  5. is easier to keep hold of and not drop (probably due to the shape at the back end)
All in all, a good purchase. Now if I could just get decent firmware on the device ...

* Both eReaderStore and the new Onyx International USA indicate the M92 and M96 use the same stylus.
ryancamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancamp View Post
Yes, I too can confirm that the stylus for the Jetbook Color by Ectaco works with the M96*. I got one last week from the US website at
www.ectaco.com/JBC-stylus/
It cost me 20 USD total including shipping and arrived in 2 days.

And I must say, it works even better than the original that came with my device (from Arta Tech). Specifically, it:
  1. has a softer touch (i.e., more give in the nib)
  2. provides more reliable taps (I find I don't have to double tap as often)
  3. feels less abrasive on the screen (I was always checking the tip of the original stylus for edges because when swiping, it often felt like I was scratching the screen)
  4. is easier to see/find when you set it down (the original stylus was easy to loose on the couch since it was all black, but the Ectaco version us half silver so easier to see in the shadows)
  5. is easier to keep hold of and not drop (probably due to the shape at the back end)
All in all, a good purchase. Now if I could just get decent firmware on the device ...

* Both eReaderStore and the new Onyx International USA indicate the M92 and M96 use the same stylus.
Now up to $30 plus shipping apparently per the ectaco web site. Has any one found a cheaper stylus that works with the Boox N96ML? I want a spare or two. Did a search and found a discount code which gave me $10 each off the price so $20 each. Ordered two of the Jetbook color styluses. Shipping too high IMO but what are you going to do? $12.80 shipping for two styluses seems outrageous to me.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-13-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #13
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wong McGregor View Post
I'd just like to confirm kreti's post. They work with the Onyx Boox M92 as well.
Unfortunately no longer available from that source and so far as I can tell from a Google search not from any one else either.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote