Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can't Find My Kindle Downloads

I hope I can use these forums. I'm not really Mobile - I'm Kindle on a PC.

Is that okay?

And I've bought and downloaded some books yesterday and they're viewable on my pc.

But Calibre can't find them.

And I can't find them in the directory 'My Kindle Content' when I look for them. Well you never can, by title, because they're just numbers, but I mean I can't find any files with the correct date on them.

But there are some folders with the correct date.

When I look in them I see .azw and .phl files which looks about right but if I tell Calibre to open the .azw it tells me it can't do it, can't understand it.

What is going on?

I read this article about a new format for Kindle downloads - .kfx - but that doesn't seem to a apply. I find no .kfx files. Maybe that's just for the kindle device?

Here's that article: https://teleread.org/2017/01/29/late...ble-azw-files/
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Calibre forum.

You have KFX files ("KFX" refers to the file structure, not the extension).

Delete K4PC 1.20 (the version you probably have) and install 1.17. You'll then get KF8 files, which Calibre can handle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
abrogard
Zealot

Thank you Harry. And sorry about posting in the wrong forum.

Yes, I do have v 1.2.

I'll give it a go.

In fact I just did it. Worked fine.

Now I guess I have to delete my existing kindle downloads and re-download ?

Last edited by abrogard; 05-05-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, exactly that. And make sure you deselect the "automatically install updates" option in K4PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
abrogard
Zealot

I deselected the update thing and I moved all those new folders into a temp directory.

But kindle still sees them all as present and downloaded.

Must I sync or something?

I went to do that and amazon wanted me to log in again, lost my login somehow. I held off doing that until I'm surer of what's going on.

actually i don't even know what sync really means - i'm assuming it means sync my pc listing with amazon's listing of what i've got?

so if my pc kindle is saying i've currently got them... ? it's not going to let me get them again (in the old format) is it? i'm puzzled..

Ahh, no, it's okay... another 'lag' problem. After posting i looked again and now the latest downloads are absent....

All done. Thanks for your help. I've been up since 4a.m. here hassling with that and other things.. You're up late in the UK. I"m up early.

Last edited by abrogard; 05-05-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Advert