Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
ChrisD276
ChrisD276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Loss of Menu Bar in the Calibre View Window

I am running Calibre 2.82 on a Macbook Pro Using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. About 6 months ago (and several Calibre updates previously) due to my finger trouble I managed to separate the upper menu bar from the main VIEW window and because its partially off the left hand side of the screen I cannot drag it back. Neither can the tech experts in my local Apple support shop. The attached screenshot hopefully shows the snag.

Back in 06.15.2016, Kovid provided a fix for another user who had managed to disassociate the left hand side toolbar of the VIEW window in a similar way. However his fix which solved that problem does not work for me (Preferences/Miscellaneous/Open Calibre Configuration Directory/Remove Viewer-JSON file)

Can anybody help me get the view window back to a single item from its currently two parts? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 18.35.38.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	156175  
ChrisD276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That is the Search Bar.

Find the place where the mouse pointer turns into 4 arrows.
Drag the bar slightly to the OUTSIDE of the right corner where it is to be docked. Release the mouse button (this works on W10)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2017, 06:22 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is the Search Bar.

Find the place where the mouse pointer turns into 4 arrows.
Drag the bar slightly to the OUTSIDE of the right corner where it is to be docked. Release the mouse button (this works on W10)

Mate - the drag handle is beyond the left of the edge the screen

@ChrisD276 - you should close the viewer before deleting viewer.json.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-14-2017 at 06:27 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Mate - the drag handle is beyond the left of the edge the screen

@ChrisD276 - you should close the viewer before deleting viewer.json.

BR
and there is only 1 place to grab
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #5
ChrisD276
ChrisD276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Having closed the view window before trying Kovid's fix has worked. Thanks for your help. I have lived with the problem for at least 6 months and it was a pain. Thank you to everybody who tried to help. Chris
ChrisD276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert