Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
PaganRuler
PaganRuler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cannot import ePub on Sierra

Hi

I'm using macOS Sierra and have come up with this error... I'm not sure why or how to fix it but had a similar issue with another program that I forgot off the top of my head.

Failed to add the file /Users/paulgarner/Desktop/The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet.epub to the book: /Users/paulgarner/Desktop/The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 410, in add_formats
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1385, in add_format
File "site-packages/calibre/startup.py", line 122, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: u'/Users/paulgarner/Desktop/The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet.epub'
PaganRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are not adding an actual epub file but a directory with a .epub extension. That is not supproted. You need to get the actual epub file to add.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert