Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 07:22 AM   #76
aholmes5
aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Downgraded my 2 GB Paperwhite 2 from 5.11.2 to 5.9.6.1 today as well. Any reason you chose that firmware to downgrade to, @aholmes5? I just chose it because you chose it. Seemed like a safe bet.
There is a factory firmware for 5.9.6.1 which would allow for rejailbreaking without having to open it up again for a serial jailbreak. This would allow me to reset the device in the future if I needed to for some reason.
aholmes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:50 AM   #77
nivekkumar
Enthusiast
nivekkumar began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Anyone know the most stable firmware version where all "hacks" work? I am currently on the latest (jailbroken) kindle voyage version. Side buttons doesn't work properly in koreader and also Booklet doesn't work that great. Thanks in advance
nivekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #78
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholmes5 View Post
There is a factory firmware for 5.9.6.1 which would allow for rejailbreaking without having to open it up again for a serial jailbreak. This would allow me to reset the device in the future if I needed to for some reason.
Just to clarify. The available factory firmware 5.9.6.1 is only for the PW3.

On PW2, 5.8.7 is the highest one can go and still be able to do a factory fw downgrade.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:55 AM   #79
nivekkumar
Enthusiast
nivekkumar began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
I tried this on my Voyage. All worked but after rebooting it doesn't boot properly. Connecting the device with USB also doesn't work. Has anybody a solution?
nivekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #80
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekkumar View Post
I tried this on my Voyage. All worked but after rebooting it doesn't boot properly. Connecting the device with USB also doesn't work. Has anybody a solution?
You tried WHAT?
Do you mean you tried the firmware from the PW3?
Or, just what do you mean? Write your reply in German if you prefer, somebody here can help.

Last edited by knc1; 02-01-2020 at 09:19 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #81
aholmes5
aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Success with PW3 Japan 32GB 5.12.2 --> 5.9.6.1

I successfully did this with a PW3 Japan "Manga" Edition 32GB Kindle that I purchased with 5.12.2 installed. I did the serial jailbreak and hotfix. I needed to install the Kual Booklet (coplate) and then could install the rescue pack and cowards rescue pack. Followed the rest of the instructions in the first post. Immediately reinstalled the hotfix after downgrading to make sure it was current but I suspect this wasn't necessary.
aholmes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:01 AM   #82
Uscok
Uscok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 (2015) wi-fi
downgrading pw3 5.12.2 -> 5.9.6.1

Happy new year!
- Model: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi - G090 G1
- Serial jailbreak without soldering (DSD TECH SH-U09C2 usb to serial cable & sewing neddles)
- NiLuJe's hacks
- to connect the device i used ubuntu with snowflakeSSH client (many trouble with win10)
- in menu diags enabled USB networking with ->(o) Misc individual diagnostics -> (o) Utilities -> (o) EnableUSBnet
Thanks a lot
Uscok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #83
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Can somebody help me to find old firmwares ( < 5.12 ) of KV, KT4 and KT3 ? Thank you.
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #84
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Can somebody help me to find old firmwares ( < 5.12 ) of KV, KT4 and KT3 ? Thank you.
You must have skipped over the spoiler contents in the "Firmware updating tutorial" section at the bottom of this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=1
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #85
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You must have skipped over the spoiler contents in the "Firmware updating tutorial" section at the bottom of this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=1
Yes, thank you!
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:56 AM   #86
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just to clarify. The available factory firmware 5.9.6.1 is only for the PW3.

On PW2, 5.8.7 is the highest one can go and still be able to do a factory fw downgrade.
can we find older version for pw3
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:29 PM   #87
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
I'm already on JB PW4 with 5.14 will downgrade work for me?
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:34 PM   #88
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Nope, at least not as described here since RescuePack and Coward's RescuePack are not compatible with that Kindle model (or any of the newer Kindle models since PW4).

If your main reason for wanting to downgrade is the new UI since you have jailbreak maybe test this?

Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comments/tl4tle/reverting_to_previous_ui_versions_on_5142/

Last edited by shamanNS; 04-06-2022 at 02:43 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:48 PM   #89
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
Is it possible to downgrade a jailbroken PW3 running 5.14.2?
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:37 PM   #90
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
After you've booted PW3 into diagnostics you can overwrite existing firmware version with whatever older firmware version you want (while keeping in mind that 5.6.5 was the factory firmware for PW3)
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downgrade firmware, firmware downgrade