Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2015, 06:07 AM   #76
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Ah yes, but do you like what you're writing? ... or maybe there hasn't been any time to read it.
I'm trying to keep my editing brain switched off, but I have taken the odd peek back at what's on the page so far...

So far, so good. It's first draft stuff, of course, but I'm not too unhappy with it.

Unlike three years ago, when I was definitely aiming for quantity and doing all sorts of word sprints and 'Write or Die' exercises, this time I don't feel that I'm writing any faster or more carelessly than normal. I'm just getting in more sessions (it helps a lot that I don't have too much other work at the moment).

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #77
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I'm hanging in there. My word count's at 15,385. Just about to start the final chapter of Act One.

Graham

OT: I'm feeling a little concerned about Crich - has anyone seen him around? He's sort of in my neck of the woods - I'm in Michigan's UP and he's in Wisconsin, so I feel a little like we're neighbors, and I'd like to know he's okay.

Probably he's just deep in Nano.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #78
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
It does seem to take you over. Things slip. Post goes unanswered. You vaguely remember that you once had a family and friends.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 11-09-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #79
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
How's it going, Crich?
I'm at 17,000 words even tonight. A bit behind but not bad over all.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #80
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

OT: I'm feeling a little concerned about Crich - has anyone seen him around? He's sort of in my neck of the woods - I'm in Michigan's UP and he's in Wisconsin, so I feel a little like we're neighbors, and I'd like to know he's okay.

I'm ok. Just been busy with NaNoWriMo and a nasty cold.
Advert
Old 11-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #81
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I.started a NaNoWriMo support group at Facebook too.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/163647...=group_comment
Old 11-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #82
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I.started a NaNoWriMo support group at Facebook too.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/163647...=group_comment
You should be writing, not playing on Facebook!

gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #83
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
You should be writing, not playing on Facebook!

I am. The group is a mutual writers support group. We push each other to not give up.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #84
Graham
Wizard

Feels like time for an update as I've passed a milestone.

I'm at 40,527 words, and have just finished the first chapter of the second half of the story (i.e. half way through Act Two).

Graham
Old 11-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #85
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Good going!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:57 AM   #86
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
For the curious, 44,766 words so far and enough notes on things I want to change and backfill to keep me busy for months after I hit the end.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #87
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
For the curious, 44,766 words so far and enough notes on things I want to change and backfill to keep me busy for months after I hit the end.
Excellent.

Graham
Old 12-01-2015, 02:31 AM   #88
Graham
Wizard

I finished November at 52,617 words. I'm just about to start the second-to-last chapter of Act Two, so I've got about 25,000 words still to write to complete the first draft, along with a couple of thousand words of foreshadowing that I need to go back and build into the first half.

I'm aiming to get it done by Christmas.

Graham
Old 12-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #89
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I finished November at 52,617 words. I'm just about to start the second-to-last chapter of Act Two, so I've got about 25,000 words still to write to complete the first draft, along with a couple of thousand words of foreshadowing that I need to go back and build into the first half.

I'm aiming to get it done by Christmas.

Graham
Awesome, I finished with 51,726 words and promptly decided that I need a few days off to recharge my brain, and figure out how to write a car chase which I've never done before.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:43 AM   #90
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Awesome, I finished with 51,726 words and promptly decided that I need a few days off to recharge my brain, and figure out how to write a car chase which I've never done before.
Good stuff.

52617 and 51726. Spooky.

Graham

Tags
nanowrimo, participation, preparation, prompts, writing