Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
jamawg
jamawg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Kobo Glo won't wake from sleep - on battery

Ny Kobo bricked itself (resuming from sleep) and I loaded a new image. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226719

Now all is well, with one big exception: if I let the device sleep on battery power then the power on switch has no effect.

If I connect it to a PC, by USB, then it resumes - to ask me if I want to connect to the PC.

Short term, I have sleep set to "never" and have a USB cable at home, one in the office, and carry a third, just in case.

Long term - what can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[Update] I forgot to say that they battery is full (96% charge). Also, the power switch is still in place, slides, pushes against the spring, feels just like it always did.

Last edited by jamawg; 11-15-2013 at 10:16 PM.
jamawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Does the power switch work to put the Glo to sleep or turn off? The symptoms make me wonder if you didn't get the switch back in the right place.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
jamawg
jamawg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
The power switch is still in place, slides, pushes against the spring, feels just like it always did.
jamawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It still might not be contacting the actual switch. I messed this up when I pulled my Glo apart. I would open it again and check.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo, kobo glo freezes, resume, sleep