Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
subdian
subdian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Download News -> kindle Periodical format via email

Hi all,

Apologies if there is an obvious solution to what seems to me might be a common problem - I've searched the forum & gone through Calibre settings, but cannot find the solution.

I've scheduled a daily download of a news publication from one of the preset in Fetch news -> Schedule news download.

This works fine. When I transfer the file to my Kindle 4 it displays in periodical format, with navigation, and archiving of previous news.

However, if I set up Calibre to email it to my free.kindle.com address, the file comes through as a normal ebook without the useful navigation features of the periodical format.

Does anybody know how to set this up - would be a much smoother process if i didnt have to plug the kindle in and transfer manually every day, and just download over wifi.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Rod
subdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdian View Post
Does anybody know how to set this up - would be a much smoother process if i didnt have to plug the kindle in and transfer manually every day, and just download over wifi.
It can't be done. For the Kindle Touch and Fire Amazon physically alters every book sent to these devices to be listed as Personal Docs, read this thread for details.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
subdian
subdian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
this makes me sad :-(
subdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdian View Post
this makes me sad :-(
Maybe the want you to pay $$ for a Kindle News subscription instead of mail/side loading for free?
They probably want to make back the $2 they lost making every K4.

Kodak did this for years. Cheep cameras. Make it back on Film and processing
Digital came along, now look a the big (other) K
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, periodicals