Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2023, 07:25 PM   #16
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Are you updating your device. My sage was like that. bad battery drain which went away after a few updates kicked in
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM   #17
Tarmacsurfer
Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Tarmacsurfer understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Forma
Last hijack, honest. For anyone else with confirmed battery degradation issues.

After finally obtaining a part reference/dimensions from Kobo support I've sourced a replacement battery. The factory part number is PR-158098N, I've just ordered one from aliexpress (kobo seemed to think it's a custom battery that's not easily available). I'll probably put together a guide on the actual battery swap when it arrives and I get time to do it.
Tarmacsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 07:35 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmacsurfer View Post

After finally obtaining a part reference/dimensions from Kobo support I've sourced a replacement battery. The factory part number is PR-158098N, I've just ordered one from aliexpress (kobo seemed to think it's a custom battery that's not easily available). I'll probably put together a guide on the actual battery swap when it arrives and I get time to do it.
Yes please.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:42 PM   #19
Eve_Ju
Eve_Ju began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmacsurfer View Post

Did it work ???

I have the same problem with my Kobo Forma, the battery suddenly became completely drained in less than 12 hours
Eve_Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:01 AM   #20
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
My Forma will VERY rarely have a dead battery when I go to use it but then it charges fine.

Otherwise, the battery life has always been stellar. No cover and I just let it go to sleep mode by itself (rather than risk wearing out the ON/OFF button).
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote